[Chapter: 34]

As I didn't wanted to make you guys wait long ;)

|••|

Shivaay squirm in his sleep and opened eyes to see the empty bed. He woke up, getting down from the bed with a confused frown.

"Where did this girl go?", he muttered checking the bathroom and balcony. Wearing his shirt, he went out to see it calm outside.

"Annika?", he called out to get no reply.

"Hey Shivaay", he turned to see Malika coming towards him with a smile having a cup of coffee in her hands.

"Thank god atleast someone is here. Where are others?", he asked.

"They're at backyard having breakfast. It was made at the garden kitchen today. You're late this morning", she said with a chuckle and showed up her wristwatch at his face.

"Yeah.. I don't know how, me and Annika were just talking after dinner laying on the bed and when I slept-", he shrugged being clueless.

"I get it, It's okay to sleep longer sometimes", she said taking a sip from her mug, "and I am in no mood to know my best friend's bedroom secrets", she winked.

"Speaking of, where's your bestie?", he asked air quoting the word.

"I have three besties Shivaay", she played along.

"Malika", he gave a look making her giggle.

"She's in the kitchen. Making new year special breakfast for you", Malika said with a teasing smile.

"New year special", he chuckled, "I'll go and see", he smiled going away towards the kitchen inside.

He walked inside the kitchen to see it messy with flour, eggs, spices scattered on the slab. He spotted his girlfriend who was working with her one hand making him sigh in disbelief.

"You're not suppose to strain yourself", he said making her look up from her preparation to see Shivaay standing in front of her. She smiled brightly.

"Good morning, happy new year", she wished smiling widely showing her teeth. He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"Good morning pumpkin, happy new year, love. What are you doing?", he asked wrapping arm around her waist and picked up a strawberry from the bowl.

"I am preparing breakfast for you", she said smiling dropping the batter on pan.

"But baby, it must be straining your other arm. Breakfast was prepared right?", he asked pecking her temple.

"But I wanted to make something special for you", she pouted. He sighed seeing her face and nodded, rubbing her waist. She smile widely and continued.

"What's in my special breakfast?", he asked taking her petite figure in a back hug.

"Pancakes, avocado toasts, poached eggs, and your coffee", she said smiling, "I know it's not really a special breakfast but I wanted to prepare something for you first in new year", she shrugged smiling sheepishly.

"Anything from you is special for me", he said kissing her hair. She smiled leaning to him keeping the pancake on the plate which already had a pile of it.

"By the-", he stopped as his phone started to ping continuously. He sighed irritated.

"What happened?", she asked looking at him with corner of eyes, biting back her smile.

"Idk! It's buzzing a lot today, I didn't even uploaded any post on social media. I am keeping it silent", he said irritated.

"Ohh! I think you should check what it is. I mean your social media is buzzing so much so..", she shrugged keeping the breakfast on tray.