𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 -1

{𝐙𝐀𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕}

I'm Zara and I'm 21.

I'm originally from a beautiful country named South Africa but I was born in the US

My father died before I was even born so sadly I have no type of personal relationship with him.

My mother is obviously South African and my late father African-American.

My mother never remarried and I'm her only daughter, her only child ,so it has always been me and her from as long as I can remember, until 2 years ago she got into a serious relationship with a guy called Paul Washington.

I never liked him because he's been pushing my mother to get me to move out since he got into this relationship with her. I don't know who he thinks he is. So just know I'm not a big fan of him but I try to keep it civil between us...for my mother's sake.

"When you signing the lease?", Paul,my mother's lover asks me.

We're sitting by the table having dinner, the three of us.

"This coming Wednesday", I take a big bite of the chicken thigh then putting it back on my plate.

"Damn. That's far.", he continues eating.

really?

This nigga is gonna say "That's far", considering the fact that today is Monday so I'm literally moving out in two days.

"You've been here for far too long. You old enough to get your own place, its really about damn time", this man is not even trying to hide the fact that he never wanted me.

I shifted my eyes to my mother to see any type of reaction from her about what Paul just said, but she kept her eyes down to her plate. Quiet as a mouse....as always.

I'm not in the mood for this.

"I'll finish this in my room, Goodnight Ma", I stood up to leave the table, irritated.

"Night honey".

As I was climbing up the stairs I heard Paul open his dirty mouth again mixed with some mumbling.

"She better hurry up and move out coz Nicole gotta take up that room"

Nicole is Paul's youngest daughter who's 15. He's been preaching about her moving into my mother's house, I could tell my mom didn't really like the idea but did she dispute it? Of course not. As always she keeps quiet like a little church mouse.

She's afraid of Paul because he's a big bully who thinks he can push anyone and everyone around.

But I'm not afraid of him, I could punch that ugly face of his until it bleeds.

but think peace Zara. think peace.

I finally get to my room putting my plate on my nightstand and plopping myself on my bed.