𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓-19

This morning was different because he was right next to me.

Our fingers were intertwined and I had this stupid smile on my face while he looked at me.

"What?", I avoided eye contact with him.

"I think you don't realize how special you are", his eyes shifted to my lips then back at my eyes and I continued giving the same smile and went back to laying my head on his chest.

"Remember you said you wanted to ask me something. What was it?", I asked listening to his heartbeat.

"Yeah. I remember the time when we went to the carnival, I asked you what you wanted and you said you wanted a break from the busy city. So I was thinking would you mind doing that with me?"

I raised my head from his chest to look at him.

"There's this place, almost like a cabin but much better and fancier than that. It's in the middle of nature, its quiet and peaceful. I think you'd like it", he still kept his eyes on me.

"Really? That sounds like a great idea, I'd love that", I became too excited until I remembered my mother.

"What is it?", he saw the smile on my face slowly fade away.

"My mom. I'm too afraid of being too far from her",

He sighed. "That was selfish of me to even offer you to come with me. I'm sorry".

"No don't put it like that", I cupped his face in my hand and softly brushed his facial hair.

Our little moment was disturbed by my cellphone ringing.

what a coincidence.

"Hey Ma", I answered.

"Honey", I could here the smile in her tone. For the past three months she has been getting better, she seems to have her light back.

"hey how are you?", I spoke as I got off Nique's chest and sat up straight on the bed.

"I've got good news. Dr.Matthews says I'm getting better so I can continue my chemo at home.",

"For real!?",

"Yes and there's a good possibility I might be going home tomorrow ",she just sounded more alive.

I was over the moon.

My heart felt at peace because this was the sign I just needed, I really did. I needed some kind of confirmation that she was going to be okay and this was it.

"Okay yeah, we'll talk later then. Bye", my mom hung up and I put my phone back on nightstand.

"My mom's going to be doing her chemotherapy from home possibly from tomorrow. ",

"That's supposed to be a good thing right?",

"I hope so", a small smile curved on my face and I went back to lay my head on his chest again and I could tell he enjoyed it too.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a little moment.

"Your hair smells good", he sniffed my afro again.

"Thanks weirdo", I giggled.

"What do we call this?", I asked closing my eyes listening heart beating, not too fast not too slow.

he was relaxed.

"You want a label?",

was i really ready for a labeled relationship?

"I don't know but I want you here with me. That's what I'm sure of", I felt like the right moment would come. And he wasn't pressuring me in anyway to label us.

He placed a soft subtle kiss on my forehead.

My phone rung again 😒.

It was Pierre. I didn't realize I missed him this much til I heard his voice.

"B*tch, you busy today?", this nigga didn't even say 'hello' first. Typical Pierre.

"I don't think so", I said almost breathlessly when Nique started kissing my neck going down to my chest.

"We got an event we gotta discuss about because ion like the money they offering us. I mean its not too bad but it's below what we usually work with", I heard him talk .

"Nique stop", I whispered to him but he continued playing with me.

"Are you listening to me?", Pierre asked through the phone.

I moaned but quickly put my hand over mouth.

"Uhh...um...huh? Oh yeah I'm listening",I said trying my hardest to sound normal.

"Nique...please ", I whisper whined.

"B*tch you okay?",

"Me? Yeah I'm great", I grabbed the bed sheets with my free hand and bit my lower lip so I couldn't make a suspecting sound.

My hands moved down to his hair.

"You better be. I'll come by later on today coz right now I got some stuff I gotta get back to."

"Yeah me too. I also got stuff to get back to", I mindlessly spoke.

" you weird as hell today. Anyway luh you,bye ", and he hung up not awaiting my response.

I practically threw the phone, thankfully the floors are just mat.

His lips came up to me and we began kissing, I gently pulled his lower lip into my mouth and sucked on it while his hands caressed the womanly parts of my body.