𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓-17

I watched him sleep. I know its weird but I couldn't help it.

I watched as he softly breathed in and out. They way his features were manly yet soft, the way his small plump lips slightly pouted, his eyes and eyebrows relaxed. His eyes began to flutter I'm guessing because he's waking up.

I quickly looked away. It would be weird if he opened his eyes to find me staring the life out of him.

"Morning", his raspy voice sounded.

"Good morning. How'd you sleep?", I asked, wanting to know how he really slept.

Since I was sitting up he raised his eyes at me. "Good, thank you. You?"

"Same", I slightly smiled adoring his cute morning face.

"Breakfast time", I was about to stand up until he grabbed me by my waist.

"What are you doing?", I giggled.

"Stay here for a bit", his morning voice was a total dream.

"I'm hungry", and I finally managed to get out of bed. "You'll find me in the kitchen when you ready", I left the bedroom while he groaned.

When I got to the kitchen I began to put some pans on the 4 plate stove. I poured the oil in the two pans for the bacon and eggs.

I got to work making the simple breakfast.

"Does bacon always smell this good or is that because you are the one making it?", I turned around in my big baggy shirt to find him shirtless and in his black jeans.

He sat himself down on the barstool across from me. We were separated by the kitchen granite table.

"Well that's a nice pick-up line", and he chuckled at what I had just said .

I began dishing up for us on the two plates.

I felt his eyes on me. I raised my eyes to find him looking at me.

"What?", I looked down at the two plates.

"You", he said.

"What about me Nique?",

" you're just you",

"Thanks I guess", I blushed but quickly hid it from him.

"Coffee or tea?",

"Black tea please", he rubbed his hand over his face. Looking slightly sleepy.

"Nah I'll make you coffee, you look like you need it", I began making coffee for the both of us.

"Okay Wife", he sat up straightening his back and I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

After everything was done I sat down and we began eating our breakfast.

In the middle of it Pierre's FaceTime call came in, I reached for my phone answering him.

"Morning love", I greeted him. He was outside by his balcony and the morning sun kissing his brown skin.

"Mhm don't we look cozy over there", he winked through the phone screen.

"Hey Dominique", he greeted Nique with a smile.

"Hey Pierre. How you doing?",

"With this sight I'm doing great", he referred to Nique being shirtless.

"That's good to know", Nique gave more of a 'laughing smile'.

"You going to see mama at the hospital today?", he asked me and for a second I tensed up a bit.

"Yeah, you coming with? ",

"Defs. Lemme not disturb y'alls appetizing morning. Bye hun", and he hung up.

Nique cleared his throat. "Your mom is in the hospital?", he asked almost suprised to hear what hit his ears.

"Uh yeah. She has cancer", yes I didn't tell him.

"Wow... I'm sorry to hear that", he gave me a sorry look.

"It is what it is, it happens ", I shrugged my shoulders. 

He got closer and gave me an innocent kiss to my right temple.

"Thank you", I smiled a little.
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"You have plans for the rest of the day?", he was laying on his bed while his twisted locs were wild.

"I don't think so", I made a turn to the grocery store.

"How is she?", he asked as he got up, his neck chain swaying side to side.

I was on my back from the hospital.

I breathed out, parking my car in the grocery parking lot. "Some days she's good and some days she's just...sick for real...today was one of those days", I faced down feeling sad about this whole thing.

"I'm sorry Reina that you have to go through such a situation", I heard him sigh. I raised my head to my phone screen to see the worry on his face.

"Uh you can go do your grocery shopping for now. When you are done I want to ask something of you and I hope you won't mind",

"Um okay. Bye Nique"

"Bye Zara", and he ended the FaceTime call.

what could he want to ask me?

But without wasting anymore time I went into the shop to buy the few things I needed before they closed since they had this weird habit of closing early for no apparent reason.

After doing my grocery shopping I then left the scene leading to my apartment. I was tired either way.

After getting off the elevator I heard someone call my name from a distance.
"Zara, wait up!", I turned my head to see Violet rush towards me.

"Hey you", I greeted her with a smile but she didn't return it the way she usually did everytime we saw each other.

She caught her breath. "I've been meaning to talk to you about something ", and my anxiety began coming to life because she wasn't the Violet I was used to.

I put the few plastic bags I was carrying  on the hallway floor and put my hands in my hoodie's pockets. "About what?", I asked her.

"A friend of mine sorta laid a complaint about you to me. I was suprised because you didn't strike me as that person who would do such a thing"

"Violet what are you talking about?"

what's going on ?

"I'm sure you remember Bianca she came crying to me, talking about you stole her man from her. So I'm asking you to leave Dominique alone, I didn't know you were a man-snatcher Zara",

"But I should've known. Since the day he met you at my place the other day he would bring you up in convos unnecessarily",

"So do the right thing and leave my friend's man alone ", she then immediately turned on her heels and left me standing there without me gotten a chance to say anything back.

what the ?!

Will this ever end? Where Bianca and Dominique aren't going to let each other go? But this time its different because it just proves to me how much of a liar he is.

so I'm painted as a man-snatcher now? Who could've known.

I want this nigga out of my life. For good! Because I'm done!
■■■

-𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓮𝓳𝓸𝓜𝓮8🖤

-𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞🖤