𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓-31

**A month later**

"You sure You'll be aight?", he asked me for the hundredth time. He had his bag hung on his shoulder while the rest were in his car.

"Yes dummy", I smiled while plopped down on my couch".

Pierre has stayed with me for a while, he gave me the support I needed, but I had to be strong for myself so we both decided he goes back to his apartment.

"Fa real? You know I can stay here witchu",

"Pierre no, you can go back to your place. Imma be just good", I tried assuring him.

"Mmm okay then. Call me if you need anything okay?", and I nodded my head at him while he acted like a parent.

And he took the rest of his stuff and left my apartment. I'm going to miss having him around all the time.

Within 30 minutes of my laziness displayed on the couch someone was knocking on my front door and I stood up to see who it was.

"Ma!", I literally yelled due to how she suprised and graced me with her presence.

Our relationship was going back to its normal good state. We were growing close again.

"I see you forgot about me ever since the cancer cleared huh?", I was so caught up in my own mess that I forgot to mention my mother's cancer was now gone. I knew she'd fight against it
She did and she won.

She walked into my apartment and I could tell her eyes were wondering all over the place. "Ma, I know its a big mess but imma clean it up", I walked past her.

"Yeah right. If you carry on like this you won't get married, no man will want to come back to a pigsty.", she sat down.

"Well what if I don't wanna get married?", I had already started putting away the mess on my couch. It wasn't that bad only reason I'm doing this right now was because my mom was a big neat freak. It was almost as if she had some type of phobia.

"I was hoping you would get married to uh what's his name? David? Dolorez?", she searched for his name in her mind.

"Dominique.", I quietly spoke his name.

"He's a fine young man and a good one too, y'all would have the most beautiful babies. " , she said. My mood immediately dampened.

"Honey what's wrong?", she asked realizing how I was looking right now, my eyes were teary.

"Uh can we not like... talk about all that right now. Please", thankfully I was strong enough to push the tears back.

"You can talk to me", she held my hands.

"I know", I gave a weak smile. "Just not now. Okay?", and she nod her head agreeing with me.

I sat down joining her.

"Well I was thinking", she began talking.

"About?", I asked.

"Of doing a 'cancer free' party. It was hard going through it and now that I've overcome it, its only best if a celebrate. Whatchu think?",

"Its a great idea!",

"Good. I'm going to invite all my friends who I haven't seen in years, I know they'll be happy to be present and you could invite all your friends as well. Sounds good?",

"Sounds good to me", I hugged her just being so grateful for her life.

"Great, it'll be next week Saturday. I'll call you to give you the details.", she looked so young right now and her smile was vibrant as ever.