𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓-20

"Home sweet home!", I opened the door of my mother's house.

"Oh finally", she sat down after entering her house.

"What can I make you?", I sat her bag down that had a few of her stuff from the hospital inside, next to the chair.

"I'm not hungry but I'd appreciate some water", she sat back.

"Great", I made way to my childhood kitchen that held many cherished memories. From my mom and I playing with baking flour and to us exploring new recipes together.

I filled the two wine glasses with water and walked back to where my mom was.

"Wine glasses?", she looked at me like I was a maniac.

"Yes, since you can't really have wine we're still going to celebrate you being home Ma", and we both laughed.

I sat down, joining her.

"Toast to a long life", we toasted.

My phone rung, it was a FaceTime call.

Nique.

I was contemplating on if I should answer or not because my mom was right here with me.

But I didn't want to make it a big deal so I answered anyway.

"Hey", I waved at him with that stupid smile pasted on my face.

"Hey you", he smiled back, he was sitting in his car.

"How are you? Your mom finally back home?", he asked.

"Yes, mother-in-law is back home!", my mom spoke loudly.

I gave her wide-eyes because how could she say that? "Ma!", and all she did was give me a light laugh shaking her head.

"I'm sorry Nique, that was my mom", I was slightly embarrassed now.

"I think it would be better if I called later, sorry for disturbing you", he chuckled and smiled.

" its okay we'll talk. Bye Nique", we smiled at each other.

"Bye Reina" ,and he hung up.

"Ma, really?,

"Mmh Reina? what's that?", she curiously asked.

"It means 'Queen' in Spanish.", I informed her while she smirked at me.

"Why did you do that?", I tried my hardest to hide my smile from her.

"What did I do? All I did was greet my son-in-law",

"He's not your son-in-law tho",

"Well with the way you looked when talking to him, just tells a whole different story.",

"No it doesn't",

"Mmh if I had 'fool' written on my forehead I'd believe that.",

"Ma!", I playfully gasped and laughed.

"Now help me to bed, I'm tired", I stood up and we walked to her bedroom, I tried making the bed comfortable as I could for her and she got in. She then asked me to get in bed with her.

We layed in her bed just like the old times when I didn't want to sleep alone in my room.

I layed on my back ,facing the white bedroom ceiling.

"You like him, don't you?", she asked.

I kept quiet for a second. "Yes. I think I even like him more than I expected", I was just being honest with my mom.