𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓-12

*1 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑*

Its been a month since my mother has been in the hospital and thankfully she has started her chemotherapy.

"Hey Ma", I greeted her as I opened the door getting in her ward.

"Honey", she smiled at me.

I had a bunch of lily flowers in my hand that I brought for her on my way to the hospital ,and the other hand i had my car keys.

lily flowers are her favorite.

Finally I had brought myself a car just three weeks ago. Its been long awaited, I don't have to worry about rude a** uber drivers anymore.

But I wished my mom could be able to physically see it and ride in it instead of seeing it through pictures. But when she gets better she definitely will.

"These are for you mama", I showed her flowers to her and placed them on the little table that was in her ward room.

She thanked me with a weak smile and I sat on the chair next to her bed.

"How's your chemo going?", I asked wondering my eyes around her.

She had no hair now and had a few sores in her mouth.

"I've just been feeling tired all the time", she sighed.

"Did you eat?, I asked her concerned.

"I have no appetite, and even if I do eat i cannot hold anything down", she shifted her eyes to the window and back at me.

"But you have to try ma.", the pain in my chest was so present.

Before she could say anything she motioned for me to get her the bucket she usually vomited in everytime she felt nauseated.

I quickly stood up, taking it to her.

She vomited a bit while I brushed her back, trying to make her feel better.

even tho I knew there was nothing I could physically do to make her feel better.

I went to empty the vomit bucket in the bathroom toilet and rinsed it.

I then went back to sit next to her.

"Please call the nurse for me", she raised her eyes at me while her voice kind of quivered.

this was scary and painful to watch.

I pressed the button that called a nurse and within a few seconds Lulu, her nurse came rushing in.

"Please help me to the bathroom", my mom asked Lulu.

"No problem. Mam I need you to please leave us for now", I understood she had to do her job so I waited outside the ward, sitting down on the closest chair.

I rested my head against the hospital wall ,closed my eyes and took a deep breathe.

you're strong Zara. You are strong.

This too shall pass.

I never knew in a million years I'd go through something like this. I wish I had an older sibling who'd go through this with me, someone who'd really understand how I felt.

I'm just grateful for Pierre. He literally almost calls or texts me every hour just to make sure I'm fine. I appreciate him so much.
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

I just came back from a party I planned. I insisted on doing it because I needed something to keep my mind off of everything that was happening with my mom.

I felt my eyelids get heavy, meaning I was dozing off to sleep on my couch with the T.V playing in the background.

Somebody knocked on my front door, pulling me out of my potential sleep.

annoyed, was what I felt when I stood up to open the door.

"Violet, hey", I opened the door to find Violet with her usual pretty smile painted on her face.

"Its been a while, you good?", she asked me concerned because she knew about my mom's health state.

I only told her because I wanted my space and she gave it to me, which I appreciated.

"Yeah, I think so", I truthfully told her. I thought I'd be a psychotic mess by now but surprisingly I'm handling things better than I thought I would.

"I don't want this to come off as insensitive or something but my birthday is coming up and I'm having a double-date dinner with my friends and I was hoping you could pull through. Just to give yourself a little break ", she kinda looked nervous and I could tell she wasn't trying to step on any toes.

"Violet ,I'm single", I chuckled.

"You can bring anybody if you want to", she said rubbing on either sides of her thighs, looking nervous.

Pierre.

"Mmh sure, why not", I agreed to the birthday double-date dinner.

"Thank you. I'll send you all the info via text", and she hugged me.

𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓*

Me
-𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐭𝐲🧡

𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐞🧡 👑
-𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐫𝐲 😗

𝐌𝐞
-𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞-𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐡 𝐦𝐞?😏

𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐞
-𝐨𝐡 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐬🔥

𝐌𝐞
-𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐨𝐧🔥

𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑*

After continuing to text Pierre about some stupid sh*t I finally dozed off to my long awaited sleep.
I just felt so tired lately.
■■■

-𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓮𝓳𝓸𝓜𝓮8🖤

-𝑽𝒐𝒕𝒆🖤