𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓-11

*1 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑*

I was at my mom's place watching T.V with Nicole while my mom cleared up the table we were eating at.

"So how's the new place?", Paul asked me while walking into the living room.

"It's good", I answered.

as if you care.

"Now you know how independecy feels right", he sat on the couch.

And I nod my head.

"Honey please come to the kitchen ", my mother came into view holding a kitchen cloth. She wore a headwrap like she usually did for the past two months.

And I stood up following her. She looked frail.

Unhealthy.

"I'm sorry", she sat down on the kitchen chair.

"For what?", I asked her feeling confused at what she had just said to me.

She began fidgeting in her sit and I sat down too.

"For everything. For not being there for you when you needed me. For letting Paul take control over everything including our relationship. I'm sorry", she said all at once. I could tell she wanted to cry.

I began feeling emotional at her words because I've been longing to hear something like that from her.

I didn't know how to respond so I stood up with the intention to hug her and so did she.

When we were about to hug I saw an expression I had never seen on her face.

never in my entire life.

Out of nowhere when she was standing up, she fell to the ground!

"Mom!?", I went on my knees to try to help her in anyway I thought I could but she was totally unresponsive.

"MOM!?", I shook her.

"SOMEBODY HELP! PLEASE!", I screamed as tears fell down my face.

I heard Paul and Nicole begin running to the kitchen, where we were.

"Please help her", I began to hysterically cry out.

"What did you do?!", Paul shouted at me.

"WHAT THE F*CK?!", I screamed in his face.

How dare he ask me such a stupid question?
how dare he!

"Mom please wake up, please!", I continued crying.

In the background I heard Nicole talking to the ambulance people telling them the address.

they better hurry up.

I immediately ran upstairs to her bedroom and took one of her pillows and went back to the kitchen.

I put the pillow under her head while we waited for the ambulance to arrive.
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

The hospital ward was quiet but the only sound that stayed in my head was the beeping of her heart monitor.

She layed there, looking almost lifeless. Seeing her like that killed a part of me. I couldn't afford to lose her, at all.

she has to pull through.

"I'm sure as you know she has cancer. She was supposed to start her chemotherapy last month but we have no specific reason why didn't she", Dr. Matthews told us.