8: Child of the Wind 08

He Yuan was the adjutant of Team 7. He really should be the person in charge of such things.

Specifically... Zong Yan clearly remembered He Yuan saying the benefits provided by the Dragon Group only included free tuition and room and board. Why hadn't he heard of a monthly allowance for minors?

Zong Yan paused in the corridor but still put the card in his pocket. He set up the facial recognition lock according to the system prompts, then opened the door with a feeling of nervousness.

Yesterday it had only been a joke, but today, the Dragon Group really did put Zong Yan's name on the door. He actually felt a little embarrassed about it.

It was still morning and it was a beautiful day in Jiangzhou. The golden sun peeked out from a few clouds.

The moment Zong Yan opened the door, sunlight poured in through the white curtains and projected across the light brown floor, like it was spreading a warm layer of beeswax on the ground.

The apartment was quite large and completely furnished. The scene was full of brown, white, and black, three cold colors. A thick white lambswool carpet overlaid a linear pattern of black marble, which was typical of Scandinavian interior design.

Perhaps earlier in the day, a housekeeping aunt had come for a final check and turned on the mock fireplace in the corner, dissipating the chill of the summer morning, then turned on the central air conditioning. The room was just the right temperature.

The cross section of the apartment was all glass. If he opened the curtains, he could have a panoramic view of the slow-moving Huangpu River below. Sunlight glittered on the river like flowing gold.

The bathroom was semi-open, and the sunken tub was built into a platform. If he had the inclination, he could take a bath while enjoying a night view of Jiangzhou.

Although the design was minimalist and cold, there were pillows scattered on the sofa and carpet, which gave a natural, comfortable feeling to everything.

Was he going to live here from now on?

Zong Yan hesitated, then bent down to take off his shoes and arranged them neatly in the rack. He stepped barefoot onto the thick woolen carpet, shut the door, and unzipped his school bag to begin to tidy up his things.

He owned a few items of clothes which he wore over and over. At school he only ever wore his school uniform. He'd washed several sets of uniforms so many times they were faded white.

Zong Yan pulled open the closet to put his clothes inside, but then he froze in place.

The closet was full of clothes. And they were obviously new—they were still covered in dust bags. The brand-new clothes looked like they'd been shipped up from the shopping mall downstairs. The price tags had been carefully cut off.

Although Zong Yan wasn't interested in brands, he'd encountered them in class and guessed the price wasn't low.

Like the Off-White Marilyn sweatshirt. Ye JingMing had previously worn one inside his school uniform and set off a trend in class. Everyone imitated him, unzipping their school uniform half-way, revealing the Off-White speed bump logo. The boys in gym class took off their school clothes and played basketball in those T-shirts, as if they couldn't play small group basketball unless they wore this shirt.

Zong Yan had looked at the basketball court from a distance when he was cleaning the blackboard, then silently opened the book placed on the desk, 《The Stranger》.

A packed closet, a spacious and bright first-class apartment. From straitened circumstances to a privileged life.

He had a very surreal feeling.