19: The Night Watchman 02

Zong Yan felt an overwhelming sense of evil intent.

He hurried to the Academic Affairs Department, but the person in charge looked at him in surprise. "Van Helsing? Isn't the demon hunter doing research in Romania? I haven't heard any rumors that he's coming to MU as a professor.

"Isn't your advisor Professor Tawil? The Monarch? He accepted MU's invitation to teach astrology just a few days ago." At this point the dean of the Academic Affairs Department sighed with emotion. "A Monarch-level advisor, you can't find one of those every day."

Zong Yan: ? ? ?

What the hell, he's a Monarch now?

He walked around for a while and after some unobtrusive snooping discovered that the entire school was aware of Monarch Tawil.

Once again human memory had been tampered with. The memory of "former Chief Tawil" had silently disappeared and no longer existed. In its place was "the seventh Monarch", astrology professor Tawil, who'd just agreed to teach at MU.

What kind of being was capable of tampering so effortlessly with reality?

Zong Yan wanted to run to the vice chancellor's office again to reenact the previous scene, but—

"Put away those little thoughts of yours." Tawil narrowed his eyes. "Don't annoy me, or else—"

Or else what?

Zong Yan was ready to declare that neither riches nor honors would persuade him, that neither poverty nor destitution would corrupt him, that neither threats nor coercion would subdue him.

A mighty proletarian people who were born under the glorious Five-Star Red Flag would never yield to the power of an evil god. The flowers of socialism would stand firm!

The black-haired boy straightened his back to show his determination to die rather than surrender.

The professor of astrology said coolly, "Or I can keep you from graduating."

"..."

Zong Yan's pupils quaked.

Despicable, shameless, villainous behavior!!!

He went back and asked Professor Newton for an authorization slip to borrow a book. He buried himself in the library stacks, determined to find some clues.

After a few days of searching, Zong Yan finally located the name in a certain version of a translation of the 《Necronomicon》.

【Tawil At-U'mr, also known as the Most Ancient and Prolonged of Life, a powerful Great Old One】

There really wasn't much information recorded about the name. A prayer of invocation was provided, but the rest was unknown.

Hiss—

Although it was pretty much what he'd expected, now that it was confirmed he couldn't help but sharply inhale a breath.

A Great Old One... Such a being could turn the galaxy upside down.

Professor Darwin had said in class that there were Great Old Ones sealed up on Earth, including one sleeping beneath the Pacific Ocean.

Take the one under the Pacific Ocean, for example. Once the stars reverted to their rightful positions, he'd awaken from his slumber and all of humanity would perish.

That, more than anything, underlined exactly how dangerous Tawil was.

The Great Old Ones had basically been sealed away by the ancient gods. Only a small number were able to move freely, and most were in outer space. Unless called by their believers, they generally wouldn't come to Earth.