35: The King of Clouds 04

Thanks very much to MDD for the ko-fi! ♥ ٩(◕‿◕)۶

---

Zong Yan didn't even try to conceal the distrust in his eyes.

You're an all-knowing, all-powerful god, the Lord of Time and Space, but your alt account is the seventh Monarch in charge of astrology and prophecy?! How dare you! You even get a double salary from MU and the Spire Council—shameless!!!

Tawil was an evil god, and frankly speaking, even if the entire human race went extinct, all the evil gods would be just fine. This guy would continue living his happy life in outer space. There was no reason for him to care.

He Yuan: "Right, I forgot. It seems that Professor Tawil is also your academic advisor and astrology professor at MU?"

"... Yes," Zong Yan answered with reluctance. In accordance with his usual character settings, he added a greeting. "Hello advisor, hello captain, hello commander."

As soon as Zong Yan spoke, Si Yan opened his eyes. In a bad tone of voice he said, "Since they brought you here, don't give me any nonsense. Pipe down and concentrate on harmonizing your insight."

Si Yan had been the most opposed to calling in Zong Yan to participate in the mission.

In his opinion, even if Zong Yan was a prospective Monarch, he was also a kid with no experience. He wouldn't even turn eighteen until December. He was too young. Although he had immense potential, it didn't erase the fact he hadn't even experienced Second Awakening.

But right now everybody's eyebrows were on fire. The combined insight of three Monarchs hadn't managed to predict the disaster site, and He Yuan, newly promoted to Auxiliary level, couldn't endure the oppression of Monarch-level insight. Si Yan had only agreed with sending He Yuan to pick up Zong Yan out of desperation. His face wasn't pretty.

"Oh, okay." Zong Yan felt uncertain, but he began to coordinate his insight.

Before him was an enormous composite alchemical array. Golden magic patterns around the table were slowly rotating, and both Si Yan and Commander-in-Chief Si Xun had passed their hands through the lines of separate patterns.

In the center of these smaller golden magic patterns was a much larger spell array rotating through Tawil's fingertips. Clearly, the focus of this psychic alchemical formation was the seventh Monarch, that is, the renowned astrologer.

Who was actually an evil god.

"No, I'm still unable to see anything useful. And the data returned by the detection devices is far from sufficient."

Here in the operations center, everyone was on edge. The command room was arranged in several levels. On the highest level was the table where the commander-in-chief was standing. Other instruments and data analysts were on the lower level. Between them was a pair of staircases.

Numerous members of the Dragon Group in white coats and combat uniforms were running calculations in front of sophisticated computers, seeking the answer in the big data returned by the detection devices.

"We lack the necessary prerequisites. One hour remains... "

The countdown displayed in the center of the room was decreasing by the second.

Zong Yan discarded every distracting thought and sank his hands into the alchemical array.

In a flash, he felt his spirit linking up, "Shhhw—", rushing forward into the heart of the alchemical formation.