66: The Sun God 05

The sunglasses-wearing Si Yan spun the steering wheel in his hand and slammed on the brakes. "Who did you say was coming?" he asked coldly.

"That kid, Zong Yan ah!" He Yuan felt distressed. The number he just tried to dial showed that the other party had switched off his phone. Clearly the kid decided to act first, report later. He must have contacted the MU Logistics Department directly. "I just saw his name on the MU registration list. I can't get through to his phone. He's probably on a plane to the United States right now."

As he spoke, He Yuan got so angry that he slapped his thigh. "That kid's wings have really hardened. He's supposed to be prepping for the college entrance exam in China right now. Such a big thing, but he came over here to join the fun. It's good that he was promoted to Monarch level, but he doesn't have any experience against the enemy!"

"Give me your phone."

Si Yan's entire body was like a grumpy air conditioner, filling the vehicle with cold air. He reached over, grabbed He Yuan's phone, and made a call.

He Yuan watched closely and saw his captain hit the number for the Logistics Department of MU.

"Vice-captain, what are you two talking about?"

The other members of Team 7 sitting in the back of the truck were exchanging gossip and assembling their firearms. They all began trading glances.

"Is it about the new tenth Monarch?"

Some of the team members picked up on key words in their conversation, immediately opened the MU app to check the list of applicants, and found the red name that had suddenly been added. "The new Monarch signed up too?!"

"No way!" exclaimed a team member who knew the inside story. "The tenth Monarch isn't even an adult yet. He's two weeks away."

"Then the rumor's true? The tenth Monarch is in his third year of high school?"

"The current chief of MU is the tenth Monarch, right? But he went through the process to take a leave of absence. They say he'll return to school after the college entrance exam."

"A leave of absence? And MU went along with it?"

"I can't say I disagree. He's already a Monarch. Monarchs don't need to study magic patterns for combat, and his grades in other subjects are top-notch. I even heard that he's completed several B-rank monster missions independently in Jiangzhou."

By default, B-rank monster missions were assigned to senior-level and veteran investigators. The fact that an underage teen was able to handle them could only make people marvel.

"He completed B-rank creature missions on his own? No wonder the MU Logistics Department agreed to send him to New York.... The situation's critical right now. Even a gifted Monarch will have to grow up fast."

Investigators weren't greenhouse flowers. Of the first nine Monarchs who were widely known, aside from the seventh Monarch who pursued prophecy, every one of the others had waded through battlefields of blood and fire.

When Si Yan was promoted to Monarch level, Dragon Team 7 was performing a confidential peacekeeping mission in the Middle East. They were convoying a group of sick, elderly, and disabled civilians when they ran into the local reactionary forces. There was artillery fire everywhere, fighter jets flying overhead, and countless missiles raining down. It was then that Si Yan's ability awakened from Auxiliary phase to Monarch level.

As for the second Monarch, Si Xun, the current commander of the Dragon Group, he'd been even more powerful in his younger days. He was a famous general on the world stage.