115: Little Majesty 06

"The Lord of Time will prove to you over a near-endless expanse of time that the feelings of an evil god will always be stronger, deeper, crazier, and far more intense than human love."

"I will always be watching over you from the end of time and space."

At that moment, Zong Yan felt like his heart had stopped.

His eyes widened in disbelief as he stared at the Lord of the Gate, whose eyes seemed to contain a hundred million brilliant points of light.

His heart silently began to melt, as if someone had poured in a handful of golden honey, stirred and stirred, and warmed the resulting mixture into a sweet and rich ambrosia.

An evil god was incapable of experiencing human feelings.

Zong Yan might have found this fact difficult to grasp, but he'd been an evil god himself. That was why he could appreciate exactly what it meant for the Lord of the Gate to say those words.

Yog-Sothoth, the One-in-All, a being whose true body resided entirely beyond the boundaries of the universe, had always been a calm and wise observer.

When the Master of Time said he would always watch over you, that he would spend eternity to prove to you the depths of his emotions, emotions which only an evil god could feel, the meaning was absolutely, by far, the highest promise an evil god could make.

And the most romantic promise.

The face of black-haired young man was somewhat stunned.

So many things had been shattered at once that he felt muddled and confused.

He mostly thought it felt unreal.

If such a thing had happened to the Zong Yan of a few months ago, if someone told the past him that Yog-Sothoth seemed to have an ulterior agenda regarding him, sadly, that Zong Yan would have thought it was absurd. And he'd rather die than give in.

Zong Yan had always been like that. Stubborn, open to persuasion but rejecting force, he absolutely wouldn't ever change his mind for anyone else.

Just like when he knew life-and-death danger was approaching. For the future of humanity, he stood up and met it head on.

As a member of the human race, Zong Yan knew beyond question that he and Yog-Sothoth, an evil god, would always stand far apart.

On one side was one of seven million human beings; on the other was the supreme evil god who'd mastered the ultimate laws of the universe.

'I really am unable to refuse someone who's kind to me.'

Zong Yan sighed to himself.

He had to admit that he didn't feel any sense of rejection in his heart. Excluding the things he didn't dare to actually believe, what remained was undisguised elation and joy.

When did it start?

When he became an evil god and the half-self of Cthulhu, it was Yog who'd preserved his human body. Otherwise Zong Yan might have never become human again.

In prehistoric times, no one knew that Zong Yan was Zong Yan. The Lord of Time and Space was the only one who crossed through time to find him. He offered his hand to Zong Yan from beyond the reaches of space.

When Zong Yan resolved to give up the body of an evil god, they'd walked the timeline together, and he'd glimpsed a tiny fragment of the future. Now that he thought about it, it was when he first saw that image that Zong Yan really began to wonder and panic.

Zong Yan could easily imagine what would have happened under normal circumstances, if the future he'd seen had featured some other evil god—Nyarlathotep, for example, or Shub-Niggurath. If that happened, Zong Yan would have never wanted to see the other being in his life. He would have immediately felt disgusted. The moment he saw that evil god again, he would have immediately used Yun Zhong Jun and said 'bye bye'.