Suspicion

"What's the big news?" Lilly asked the crime boss.

Mr. Ly smiled and pulled out a big piece of paper, handing it to Lilly. She grasped the paper and tilted her head to the side as she examined the contents. It was in Vietnamese, of course, but as long as she read slowly, she could read what it said. At one part, Lilly arched a brow and looked at Mr. Ly.

"Twenty thousand euros? That's the prize for a simple tournament?" she inquired curiously.

Mr. Ly laughed as Vu snatched the paper to read it himself. "Yes. Apparently there's some big shot English gentleman who is sponsoring, producing, and paying for the whole thing. Including the purse," Mr. Ly explained happily.

"And when is this tournament taking place?" Lilly questioned suspiciously.

"In a week."

Lilly scoffed and jerked her head back with an incredulous look on her face. "He's gonna plan all this in a week's time?!"

"Plans are already underway," Mr. Ly explained as he sat down, puffing away on his cigar. "The arena was just done being built, the parties have been set up, and he is even sponsoring someone who may actually be your match."

Lilly smirked. That definitely got her attention. "Really?" she asked with a curious expression. "Well, color me intrigued, Mr. Ly. Who is it?"

Mr. Ly smiled and leaned his elbows on the desk. "Her name is Miss Tora White. She's a half Japanese half Native American kunoichi...among other things."

Lilly giggled excitedly. "A female assassin? Seriously?"

"Mmhmm. I thought that would tickle your fancy." Mr. Ly motioned to the chairs in front of his desk. "Sit, please."

Lilly and Vu both sat down and Mr. Ly snapped his fingers at a man. "Mang cho tôi một ít rượu và ba ly!" he snapped. [Bring me some wine and three glasses!]

The man bowed quickly before rushing over to the bar in the room. Lilly giggled as Vu skimmed the paper. "I say, Lilly, you really movin' up in the world," Vu giggled.

A chuckle escaped the redheaded Irish woman as she stared off at the corner of the room. "A feckin' ninja, and a woman at that. Wow."

The worker came back over with the glasses and wine before pouring the liquid. Once he was done, he backed up with the bottle still in his hands. Mr. Ly rolled his eyes and huffed at the young man.

"Trên bàn làm việc, cậu bé!" he shouted. [On the desk, boy!]

The young man nodded and placed the bottle carefully on the desk before backing up. Mr. Ly waved him off before pushing two glasses towards Lilly and Vu.

"Thank you, Mr. Ly," Lilly said before grabbing the glass and downing the whole thing in one shot. Vu and Mr. Ly both laughed at Lilly and she scrunched her face up, wiping dribbled wine from her chin. "What's so funny?"