Stolen

Song is called, "Mephisto's Lullaby" by Yair Albeg Wein and Or Kribos."

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Macha, with her long, flowing red hair in various Celtic braids and knots, her sapphire blue eyes, her white toothed grin and a narrowing of her eyebrows, pointed her staff at Dubh. "So yer the one who is causing so much trouble," she chuckled, her Irish accent thicker than blood. "Silly little pup, ya dunna know what yer playing with."

Dubh let out a low growl as he glared at the Goddess of Protection. "I know what I'm doing!" he barked.

Macha waved an arm around the area with an arched brow. "Clearly," she giggled delightfully before brushing a hand down her white half shoulder robes. "Now," she cleared her throat before looking at a gawking Cahira and a passed out Vensi. "He doesna look good," she remarked before walking over and kneeling down to the shield. "Cahira, please go check on yer compatriots."

Cahira's lips trembled and she suddenly burst into tears before her skin, fur leaves and body changed, ripples of fractal pieces enfolding in on themselves until a little redheaded girl in a green sun dress stood before Macha, tears streaming down her face. As Cahira's shield went down, Dubh quickly padded over and nuzzled her shoulder with his snout.

"Are you hurt, my little bean?" he asked with concern in his voice.

Within a millisecond, Cahira turned and clung to Dubh's face as she sobbed hysterically. "That was scary!" she cried.

Macha sighed before patting the child's back. "Ya didna do half bad," she said in an upbeat tone. "Fer yer first battle, I mean."

"Who are you?" Cahira whined.

Macha sighed and reached into the shield, a bright light glowing from her fingertips as she touched Vensi's head. "I am Macha, yer great aunt." Vensi's eyes popped open and he blinked as Macha's hand moved away. "Are ya alright, boy?"

Cahira turned from Dubh, still crying while the shield disappeared and Vensi sat up. "What happened?" the boy asked with a groan as he rubbed his eyes.

Cahira practically fell into the young boy's lap and she hugged him tightly. "I'm so glad you're okay!" she cried.

"Ya got ambushed, little laddie," Macha replied. "Dubh, we should go check on the others."

Dubh nodded and gripped Cahira's dress in his teeth, pulling her off Vensi and helping her climb onto his back. He did the same thing to Vensi and he followed Macha back towards the road.

"How are you able to use your powers without getting drained?" Dubh asked the goddess.

Macha chuckled with a shake of her head. "Like I'm going tah tell ya that."

"What were those things that attacked us?"

"Some type of fae," Macha replied with a sigh. "But they looked like machines, so who the hell knows what they are."

The carriage, which was still in the ditch, came into view and Dubh quickly padded over to the sniveling and crying children. Alora, the little girl with blood on her head, was crying the loudest. "I want my mommy and daddy!" she wailed.

Macha frowned before walking up to the carriage and reaching towards the girl. "Here, let me fix that wound fer ya," she said.

The kids gasped and crawled further into the carriage. "Who are you?" Alora asked frightfully.

"I'm Macha, one of The Morrigan's sisters," Macha replied with a smile. "There's no need tah be afraid, little ones."

"It's alright, guys," Vensi said as he climbed off Dubh. "She's here to help."