War

This chapter is rated M for...uh, some dark shit and the song is, "War" by Tribal Blood.  I'll let you know when to play it.

Okay, I'm warning you guys right nowThis chapter is gonna be...dark, graphic, and just downright epic.  It's also going to be very short, so...yeah, you've been warned.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Somewhere in South Dublin, Summer of 1901

Lilly laughed as she stumbled out of the local pub, feeling pretty damn good.  In the three days she'd been to Dublin, she had been enjoying herself after being drunk for most of it.  She even ran into Mr. Welsh and his group of Freemasons.  They'd shared stories about their adventures and laughed at the funny ones before drinking themselves practically to death.  So when they had all clambered out, they were still laughing their asses off.

"Oh, that was fun!" Mr. Welsh exclaimed happily.

Lilly giggled as she walked with the other men to their horses.  "Yes, it was.  Ya gave me much tah think on, Mr. Welsh."

"Well, I hope you and your husband work things out.  And as for your knighthood, Lilly, ya deserve it!" Mr. Welsh said drunkenly.

"Thank yas, sir!" Lilly said as she skipped over to Phoenix.  "C'mon, Phoenix, let's go home." 

Start playing song here

Phoenix neighed loudly suddenly and backed away from Lilly, snapping her reins from the post and running off.  "Hey!  Phoenix!"

The other men laughed.  "It's alright, m'lady.  Hop on me horse," one of them said.  "I'll help ya get yer horse."

Lilly grinned and walked to the men but then their horses started acting nuts too.  She stopped walking as the men tried to control their mounts.  Suddenly she started hearing a piano playing and she turned around to see something smoky and hazy standing in front of her

"Do ya see that?" she asked them.

"See what?" Mr. Welsh inquired as he walked to her.

Breathe in...

"Ya dunna see that?" she said as she pointed at the smoke.

Breathe out...

"No. What is it?"

Feel it taking over...

"It's black smoke."

Something’s...

"And it's singing."

...coming...

Lilly scrunched her face up when the smoke began to take shape.

It’s the beginning and the end...

Lilly gasped when it took on the form of her with black eyes and black hair.

The beginning and the end...

"Run," Lilly said.

"What?" Mr. Welsh asked curiously.

Lilly backed up with fearful, wide eyes when the black, smoky version of her took on the shape of a dark wolf and lunged, swallowing her body whole.  The dark wolf's body was made flesh and bone as Lilly was confined to its liquidy, black and bloody stomach.  Smoke filled the area and the ground overflowed with black liquid from her gargantuan paws.  It turned to face Mr. Welsh as he ordered his men to open fire.  Another man yelled at people to take cover while the guns fired and the bullets flew.  The wolf snarled as it grew bigger and bigger, smoke rushing from its fur to cloak the air and form a massive, dark magic shield around the area.