Even More Secrets

After getting their horses from the local stables, Robert, Lilly and Leonard trekked through Saigon's streets with very little banter.  Lilly was extremely uncomfortable around Robert, especially considering what had happened back at her house.  However, that didn't stop her from eyeballing him on occasion.  Leonard seemed harmless, but Lilly knew better than to take people at face value.  And Robert?  He was a whole new level of dangerous for Lilly, in more ways than one.

She definitely didn't like it at all.

They pulled up in front of a very expensive hotel called the Hotel Continental.  Lilly had heard about this place.  It was a big meeting place for the powerful and wealthy.  She'd even been offered a permanent room in one of their suites but Lilly had declined.  It was far too rich for her to afford. 

The trio got off their horses and tethered them up before walking to the entrance of the hotel.  A door man greeted them in English and opened the door for them.  As the three walked in, Lilly took a look around at the extravagant hotel lobby.  The color theme was mostly brown and egg shell white, the floors made of hard wood and the walls and ceiling adorned with colonial-era statues and decorations.  Ancient looking vases, both filled with native French Indochinese flowers and not, were placed around the columns in the lobby.  Someone was off playing a piano somewhere and Lilly felt herself drawn to the song, but before she could locate the musician, Robert got her attention.

"Mrs. Morgan," he called out to her.  "C'mon."

Lilly hesitantly followed Robert and Leonard to the elevator before getting in.  She kept her back to the wall and kept her hands on her knife handles, wanting to be ready for anything that these two knuckleheads had up their sleeves.  They looked quite calm and collected.

"Penthouse suite, please," Robert declared to the elevator man.

Lilly's eyes widened.  "You guys have the penthouse suite?" she asked as the elevator man pressed the button for the top floor.

"Mmhmm," Robert said, looking back at Lilly.  "I am rich, remember?"

Lilly chuckled and shook her head.  "And how has Darach ar an gCnoc fared in my absence?"

Lilly watched the two rich men exchange glances with one another before Leonard gave him a nod.  "It has prospered well.  Mr. Morgan has taken it upon himself to make significant financial investments," Robert answered.

Lilly narrowed her eyes and leaned against the back of the elevator, lifting a leg and placing the bottom of her boot on the wall.  "Well, he always knew how to get money outta people so I'm not that surprised," she said.

Robert kept his eyes on her, looking briefly at her hands.  "You expecting trouble?"

Lilly gave him a gentle smirk.  "I always expect trouble, Mr. Lewis."

The man chortled before facing forward.  "You are just the cutest little thing..." he remarked with humor.

The elevator dinged after arriving at the penthouse suite and when the doors opened, Lilly arched a brow as the three exited the elevator.  The place was huge.  Paintings of geishas, dragons, tigers and overlords decorated the bamboo covered walls and Asian styled furniture was placed everywhere in shades of red and green.  There was even a black grand piano in the living room over by the large white marble encased fireplace.  The floor was hardwood but there were oriental rugs everywhere.

Lilly let out a whistle when she noticed the large terrace and a set of wooden stairs leading up to a second floor with a hallway.  The elevator door closed behind her and she pivoted at the hip to look behind her at the elevator man going down.