Confessions

This chapter is rated M for sexual content.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Lilly opened her eyes and sat up immediately, taking a huge breath into her lungs.

"Is everyone accounted for?" Lilly asked inside her head.

"Yes," both Rose and O'Callaghan replied.

As Lilly sighed in relief, the acorns' tops opened up and her husband and kids popped up, laughing happily as Arthur picked them both up from their piloting compartments.

"That was fucking incredible!" Aoífe exclaimed in excitement as she clung to her father's neck.

"Hell yeah, it was!" Arthur laughed, squeezing both his kids into a big hug before looking at Lilly with a bright smile.  "Look."

The kids looked at Lilly who was wobbling as she stood up. "Mummy!" they yelled as they scrambled out of their father's arms and ran to her.

Lilly scooped them up and held them tightly, kissing both their faces with tears in her eyes.  "Oh, me babies!" she wept.  "I missed ya so much!  All of yas were just wonderful back there!"

Arthur climbed out of the acorn and walked over to his family, embracing them all in a big hug.  "We missed you too, Lilly," Arthur said, kissing his wife's forehead.

Lilly sniffed and kissed her husband's lips.  "My heroes," she smiled sadly.  "I'm sorry for causin' so much trouble."

"No, not at all, sweetheart," Arthur said, gripping her tighter.  "This weren't your fault."

The kids yawned as they snuggled against their mother.  "Let's go tah bed, I'm tired," Aoífe said sleepily.

"Okay," Lilly laughed before walking towards the platform area.  "Did Brigid get Olena here?" she asked as Arthur and the fancy dressed man followed.

"Oh yeah.  Darrach's got her tucked safely inside the tree," Arthur replied.

"Yep, and now that I have had a chance to move around in human skin, I think I shall work on a body for her," the man in the top hat announced with a grin.  "She really is such a sweet child."

Lilly arched a brow at the man as they got on the platform.  "Who the fuck is this?" she asked, looking at Arthur with a confused expression.

"Darrach," Arthur replied with a big wiggling of his brows.

The platform moved up and Lilly's face was expressive with the emotions of disbelief, confusion and amazement.  "How?" she asked.

"Well, uh," Arthur cleared his throat.  "Turns out Michael was workin' for Carman, Corvin, Dubh and Appa and he buried a bunch of puppets on the grounds and stuffed more in the house walls.  So...Darrach killed him by...absorbin' him.  And now he's usin' Michael's reanimated body."

Lilly gave an amazed smirk before chuckling.  "That is feckin' brilliant," she laughed.  "But Michael?  Really?"

"I know.  We wasn't that close but, still..."

"Ya shoulda seen the musical number he did," Junior giggled.  "He used Michael's head tah sing while his roots banged together and he pulled gramophone horns out tah play an orchestra of music!"

Aoífe cackled madly.  "Yeah, and then he got all mysterious with lights and smoke, and then this suave fucker came strolling down the steps with the most smug look on his face!  It was fantastic!"

Lilly threw her head back and laughed.  "Oh my god!"

The platform stopped as the others laughed loudly, the doors opening and everyone walking out and being greeted by a big crowd of people.  They cheered and whistled, yelling out things of encouragement and praise.  Lilly looked through the crowd, seeing lots of familiar faces and even others she didn't recognize.  Then her eyes caught onto someone she hadn't seen in years.