The Griffin

Arthur was not happy about Lilly being put into a jailhouse carriage by herself with strange men, but Lilly assured him she'd be fine.  He and Lugh gave strict instructions that her bracelet not be removed under any circumstances before getting into the other carriage with Brigid and Mr. Pierce.  As the wagons got moving, Arthur settled in his seat with his arms folded over his chest with a grumble.

"This is some real bullshit, Mr. Pierce," Arthur growled lowly.  "I already told you earlier, I have everythin' under control."

"Then why have you not returned to Ireland with your wife?" Mr. Pierce asked.  "That does not seem like you have things under control."

"Because the tree isna ready yet," Lugh replied with a scowl.  "It'll be ready tah extract Lilly's infection by the time the Red Wolf Festival has completed."

"How convenient," Mr. Pierce mocked.  "If you think I'm going to let that monster roam the world any longer than it already has, you're sadly mistaken.  No, keeping her locked away is the best option until you three can do...whatever the hell it is you do, exactly," he sighed before rubbing his face.  "All of this is way above my pay grade."

"You better not let any harm come to Lillian," Brigid warned.  "You'll face the whole army of Tír na nÓg if even one hair on her head is mucked with."

Mr. Pierce raised a brow curiously.  "And why is that, Your Majesty?"

"Because Lillian is a princess of Tír na nÓg."

"...Come again?" Mr. Pierce asked with wide eyes.

This made Arthur chuckle.  "Oh yes.  She is a bonafide demigod princess."

"Ah hell," Mr. Pierce said with a sigh, holding his face in his hand.  "That explains much, does it not?"

"Ya'd think that, but no," Lugh answered.  "She's...something more."

Brigid rolled her eyes.  "Not this again."

Lugh glared at his queen.  "You may be blind tah it, but I'm not."

"What you goin' on about, Lugh?" Arthur asked as he straightened in his seat.

Lugh leaned forward with his elbows resting on his knees.  "Earlier today, Lilly told me that her being a sex goddess didna feel...natural tah her."

Arthur burst out laughing.  "That's horseshit!  That woman was born with sex appeal!"

"She's a sex goddess?" Mr. Pierce asked.

"Yes," Lugh explained.  "And of war and music.  And healing, apparently."

Arthur looked at Lugh strangely.  "Healing?  How you figure?"

"Her performance.  Did ya not see her white warrior, wolf and inner child?"

"Ah," Mr. Pierce said with a smile.  "I did hear those performances of hers were great.  How does she do that, anyway?"

"Soul projection.  It's actually incredibly hard tah master, but Lilly is good at everything, and I mean everything.  And she learns so fast!"

Arthur stroked his chin.  "Hmm.  Well, now that you mention it, her knowin'...I don't even know how many languages she knows now, but she did tell me in Guarma that she knows twenty seven languages.  That seems like a lot for anybody."

Brigid scrunched up her face.  "Guarma?"

Arthur frowned.  "Yeah.  Back when we was still runnin' from the law in America, a bunch of us got shipwrecked and ended up in Guarma.  We got separated but we eventually found each other and ended up savin' the slaves this Albar Fusso character was runnin' into the ground to produce sugar.  That's actually when we got to see Adair fly for the first time...and then her and Lilly destroyed a battleship."