The Three Wives

As Lilly made her way towards the elephant, grumbling with every step, Aoífe was right behind her.

"Is that Boo Boo?" Aoífe asked.

"Yep.  Wait, how do you know about Boo Boo?" Lilly inquired in shock.

"I know lots of things, Mummy," Aoífe said while jumping up and climbing onto her mother's back.

Lilly chuckled lightly.  "I'm startin' to see that."  As the elephant trumpeted angrily at the wolves and the horse, who were, of course, taunting the raging beast, Lilly shook her head and chuckled.  "Should we just let them duke it out?"

"As much fun as that would be tah see, I think diplomacy is the better path fer this situation," Aoífe replied thoughtfully.

"Very well," Lilly said before focusing on the elephant.  "Boo Boo!" she shouted.

The elephant jerked his head in Lilly's direction, then he let out a loud trumpet sound from his trunk.  The red wolf laughed as she trotted up to him.  "What's goin' on, buddy?" she asked.

Boo Boo lifted his trunk to touch Lilly's face in various different spots, making the wolf giggle.  "Aww, he's so sweet," Aoífe chuckled.

Liath, James and Brian all looked at each other with wide eyes.  "Sweet me arse!  That bastard almost killed us!" Brian yelled.

"And fer good reason, Uncle Brian!" Aoífe shouted.  "Ya interrupted his afternoon nap!"

Lilly snorted while laughing.  "Yeah, elephants get very ornery when somethin' disturbs their sleep, believe me!  I learned that the hard way."  Boo Boo wrapped its trunk around Lilly's neck and snuggled up against her.  "It's alright!  You can come back out now!"

People's heads started poking out from behind trees, cautious expressions on their faces.  "Are you sure?" Lenny asked.

"Yes!" Lilly replied assuredly.  "Everyone, this is Boo Boo.  Boo Boo, this is my family."  She flinched suddenly and nudged Boo Boo off.  "Hey, watch the tusks."

People started coming over, slow in their steps as some were still anxious about the elephant.  Boo Boo felt around on the ground with his trunk for a little bit until Junior was the first to approach.

"Hi, Boo Boo," Arthur Junior said. 

The elephant rested the nose of his trunk on top of Junior's head to smell the boy, making Junior giggle.  Boo Boo let out a short trumpet sound and everyone started laughing.

"I think he likes you, kid," Arthur said as he got close.

"Oh Mummy, can we take him home with us?" Aoífe asked.

"Uh, I don't know about that," Lilly chuckled.  "I mean, the winters in Ireland would probably be enough to drive Boo Boo insane."

"I could build him a habitat," Darrach pointed out as he came walking up.  "It would take a while to make and I'll need some materials from the jungle here, but I can do it."

Aoífe giggled and looked at Boo Boo. "Boo Boo, would ya like tah come live with us in Ireland?"  Boo Boo trumpeted excitedly, stomping his large feet on the ground.  "Yes, I should say so," Aoífe said with a grin.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

After spending an hour swimming and playing around, while the kids and some adults went on a type of scavenger hunt for the materials Darrach would need to build Boo Boo's new home, it was time to get ready for the tournament.  Everyone rushed to their horses and mounted up while other various people found their own way to the arena via teleportation or flight.  Lilly was more than excited to finally have decent challenges to face.