The Black Wolf

After stuffing her face with food, Lilly felt quite refreshed and the four people stabled their horses, got out of the city and into the forest.  Lilly preferred hunting as a wolf these days and with everything going on, she was not about to go out and risk her horse's life.  Phoenix was a fine horse, a loyal companion and would knock anyone on their ass with a hoof kick if they so much as looked at her owner wrong.

While she was just an uncharacteristically fearless Arabian, Phoenix was still just a horse. 

And then there was that other thing that Lilly had to worry about, but nobody would be harmed even if Lilly's "pet" happened to come across the group.

Hopefully.

Lilly insisted on taking the lead for the hunting party on account of Sean, Mr. Lewis and Mr. Hughes being guests in her territory.  While Sean was definitely an honorary one, the other two boys weren't.  Still, Lilly had nothing better to do that day anyway, so she might as well make it fun.  Especially if the mysterious, obnoxiously gorgeous and seemingly obsessed Mr. Lewis kept looking at her like a starving man at a Thanksgiving meal.

She hated that he wasn't Arthur, but she loved the  attention he was giving her.

As they went further into the rainforest, Lilly kept scolding Sean for being too loud.  She kept whispering that his loud mouth was going to scare off any game for miles and if he didn't shut up, he'd have to go back into town.

Lilly had opted to follow the river bank after awhile, teasing the two Englishman about getting their flashy and expensive shoes wet.  She chastised them for wearing tailored suits instead of hunting clothes but they didn't mind what they were wearing.  When Lilly inquired as to why, Robert's response was, "we're gentlemen and want to look good, even when hunting."  This made Lilly roll her eyes.

"Feckin' overdressed peacocks," was what she had called them.

After a while, Lilly and the rest of the group came across a big crocodile at the edge of the shore so they all hunkered down a ways away to discuss who was going to shoot.

"Lilly, you should have the first kill," Robert whispered.

"I canna kill a crocodile with a fucking bow and arrow!" she hissed quietly.

Robert gave Lilly a smug grin before standing her up and placing himself behind her, pulling an arrow from her quiver.  "Aim."

Lilly hesitantly obliged by taking the arrow and setting it in place, pulling the string back and aiming for the crocodile's head.

"Good, now," Robert said, whispering in her ear.  "Say, "Súil Marbh"."  [Dead Eye]

Lilly arched a brow and looked at him before finally deciding to humor him.  "Súil Marbh," she said softly.  [Dead Eye]

Lilly's vision changed color to that of sepia shades and a rushing of sound filled her ears, followed by a humming and a whining.  A clock started ticking in her ears as she aimed at the crocodiles' head. 

"Shoot when ready," Robert said in slow motion.

Lilly let the arrow fly and it went zooming through the air.  In slow motion, she watched the arrow pierce straight into the crocodile's head and blood spurted as the head jerked and the body spasmed.  Lilly's vision returned to normal and she gasped while lowering the bow.

"What the fuck?" she breathed.  "How did...what did...what?!"

Robert chuckled and smiled at her.  "The bow and arrows are enchanted.  And the arrows are equipped to take down anything in one shot, big or small."