The Goddess of Death, War and Hunting

Darrach came rushing into the Morgan's bedroom, a small cluster of people surrounding the couple as he moved through them.  He paused when he saw Arthur holding a crying Lilly in his arms and a heart on the ground that was split in two. 

"Care tah explain this?" Sean asked Darrach.

Darrach looked at Sean with a blank stare.  "Well, it would help if I knew what happened."

"Lilly and I were talkin', and...next thing I know, her heart jumped out of her chest and broke in half," Arthur sighed with a frown.  "Did I do this?"

"What was the topic you were discussing?" Hosea asked.

"We was talkin' about Rose and Cerberus doin', uh...ahem, well, I'll let you guess what they did, but I told her I didn't care about that because I don't love Rose or O'Callaghan."  Lilly cried harder and Arthur looked down at her with a sad expression.  "Then she thanked me for understanding and...that was pretty much the end of the conversation."

Darrach sighed in relief and rubbed his face.  "Thank the gods above," he thought.

"I'm tryin' to stay calm here, Darrach, but now would be a good time to fix this!" Arthur snapped.

"This is an easy fix," Darrach said with a grin.  "Kiss her."

Arthur stared up at the man in confusion.  "What?"

"You're the one who broke it, you silly man," Darrach laughed.  "Go on, kiss her."

Brigid came storming in and gasped at the sight in front of her.  "What the..." suddenly her eyes lit up to a bright white and she snarled at Arthur.  "What did you do to her?!"

Arthur wiped his nose as he held his sobbing wife close.  "Arthur broke Lilly's heart," Darrach explained casually.  "Not intentionally, of course."  He looked at Brigid and smirked.  "Now where have I heard this story before?"

Brigid glared at Darrach.  "You haven't," she whispered viciously.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," Arthur said while stroking his wife's face, then he pressed his lips to hers.  Lilly kissed him back, still crying as her heart magically pieced itself back together and a scar in the middle of her chest opened.  Her mended heart jumped along the ground and everyone eyeballed the organ, then it jumped up onto Lilly and wiggled its way into the hole.  Her chest sealed shut and she gasped as Arthur looked at her.

"Are you okay?" he asked with worry.

Lilly nodded as she clung to her husband.  "I...I think so," she mumbled, sniffing again.  "Another obstacle conquered, I guess," she giggled breathlessly.

Arthur shook his head with a crooked smile.  "You are the strongest person I know, Lillian.  "Líonann tú mé le bród."  [You fill me with pride.]

As the couple kissed again, Darrach smiled and twirled his cane around.  "Well, crisis averted," he said before looking at the people in the room.  "Who's up for a drink?"

As Brigid's eyes went back to green, everyone raised their hands and Darrach chuckled.  He lead them all out of the room and shut the door behind him.

"Ya know, I've heard about things like that happening, but I've never seen it with me own eyes before," Lugh commented as they walked down the hallway.

"I have," The Dagda grunted.

"When?" Lugh asked curiously.

"When it happened tah Brigid."

"Father!" Brigid barked as everyone paused in their steps to gape at the queen.  "That is not common knowledge!"

The Dagda arched a brow.  "Ya mean tah tell me ya havena told them yet?!" his voice bellowed angrily.