Alexander

A door creaked open in a dark room, light shining in from the outside world.  The Morrigan, crouched in a sitting position, raised her head for a moment before seeing who had walked in.  But she saw no one.  She scrambled onto her knees and pressed her hands against the barrier, trying to see anything.  Suddenly a shadow appeared by the door but it quickly disappeared.  The Morrigan gasped and crawled to the back of the barrier, standing up and preparing herself.

"Who's there?  Come out and show yourself?!" she snapped.

A child's laugh echoed throughout the room before a red wolf pup's face appeared above the barrier.  "Hewwo," the pup said.

The Morrigan looked up and blinked in shock.  "Cahira?"

The child laughed again and jumped down from the barrier before facing the front of the cage, licking her paw.  "No.  I'm Olena."

The Morrigan slumped to her knees, staring at the werewolf child in awe.  "How?"

The pup shrugged before going back to licking her paw.  "I dunno..."

The Morrigan narrowed her eyes, frustrated that she couldn't use her magic to confirm who the child was.  It was definitely Cahira's body, that was for certain.  But the soul?  That was much harder to determine.  The wheels in her head started turning, trying to figure out a way to find out who exactly the child was.

"Olena, sweetheart, how old are you?" The Morrigan asked sweetly.

"Aunt Appa says I'm two and a half years old."

The Morrigan raised a brow.  "Who's Aunt Appa?"

"Mommy's friend.  I'm supposed to call her Aunt Appa but her real name is-"

"Olena?!" a shout came from the door.  "What are you doing?!"

Olena turned around and started backing up.  "Aunt Appa!"

The figure by the door huffed before walking in.  "It seems to me that you, young lady, are not where you're supposed to be."

Olena whimpered.  "But Auntie, I am practicing."

The woman laughed before picking up Olena and smothering her with kisses.  "Now now, don't you try to trick me with technicalities, Olena."

Olena licked the woman's neck and face.  "Are you mad?"

"No, of course not," Appa cooed gently as she stroked Olena's fur.  "You were just curious about this room, weren't you?"

"Uh huh."

Appa looked at the very shocked Morrigan and smirked before brushing a hand through her thick, long black hair.  "I never thought I'd say this, Morrigan, but you look...surprised."

The Morrigan scoffed before sinking to the ground.  "How did you do it?"

"Oh, no no no, that's my little secret," Appa said before looking at Olena.  "Come, Olena.  You mother made melomakarona.  Your favorite."

Olena giggled happily before bouncing out of Appa's arms and rushing out the door.  The woman took one last look at The Morrigan with a smirk before exiting the room and slamming the door shut.  The Morrigan immediately straightened on her knees and held her palms out sideways, straining to come up with some magic.

"You're not the only one with secrets and tricks, Appa," The Morrigan growled.  After a few minutes, a flicker of light appeared and The Morrigan spoke to it.  "Adair, I need you to relay a message to Arthur and Lilly straight away."

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

It was raining in Ireland, the clouds rumbling with thunder as Adair looked up at the clouded night sky.  As the rain drops fell on her face, she frowned before looking down at her swollen belly.  As she gently rubbed her palm on it, she felt a kick and she giggled.