Espionage

Lilly and the others merely gawked at Cahira.  Lilly had so many questions.  How did this small child manage to acquire a rebel army at her age?  How long had she been deceiving Apate and Carman?  How long had she known about being Cahira and not Olena?  And who the fuck was Peter Pan?

"Sorry, you might not be familiar with Peter Pan or The Lost Boys," Cahira explained.  "There's a few writers in Auntie Appa's book club and one of them is wanting to revise one of his writing projects, so I've been, uh, giving him some pointers."

Lilly rubbed her face before getting on her knees.  "Cahira, sweetheart, how were you born?"

Cahira tilted her head to one side.  "What do you mean?  I was born from you, wasn't I?"

"Um, I'm afraid not, no," Lilly explained regretfully.  "You were stolen from my, um...my womb, honey."

Cahira's eye twitched and she growled.  "Excuse me for another moment, please," she said before moving off camera and throwing a temper tantrum.

"I hate it when she does this," one of the kids remarked quietly.

"What is she doing?" Arthur asked.

"Shifting into her wolf...thing."

Aoífe arched a brow.  "Her wolf thing?"

When Cahira came back on screen, everyone gasped.  Cahira was a wolf, that much was certain.  Instead of just red, however, she had the colors of green, brown and silver as well, and her fur was shaped like small oak leaves.  As Cahira walked around, the sound of metal scraping against metal was heard.  Her eyes were the color of blue, red, green, silver and brown and her fangs were made of silvery metal.

"Holy shit!" Lilly yelled, laughing suddenly.  "Cahira, ya look so badass!  I love it!"

"Thank you, Mother," Cahira replied.

"How did you end up lookin' like that?

"The machines," Cahira answered calmly.  "They teach me things."

"...Wait, they talk to you?"

"Uh huh."

Arthur looked at Darrach.  "Um, how come they talk to her and not Corvin?"

"Because of the dark magic, I assume," Darrach explained.  "I don't think they like it."

"They don't," Cahira interjected.  "They've been trying to get rid of it but it's very potent stuff.  I've come in contact with it on more than several occasions but I've been building up an immunity and my body rejects it after a period of time.  How is Uncle Corvin, by the way?"

"He's fine," Darrach replied.  "He's been thoroughly cleansed of dark magic and now he is our ally."

"An ally ain't what I would call him, but okay," Arthur Sr. grumbled bitterly.

Cahira cocked her head to one side.  "You mean it can be cured?"

"Yes."

Her eyes lit up brightly and she squealed with joy as she bounced up and down.  "Oh yes!  Yes yes yes!  That means we can save the island!"

"Save the island?" Arthur Jr. asked.

"The island is dying," Freya interrupted.  "Dark magic has been suffocating it and I don't think Apate knows or cares."

"Ceq has been trying to figure out how to deal with it, but she needs help," Cahira mentioned.

"Ceq?" Darrach asked.

"Yes, Ceq.  She is the main intelligence on the island.  Hold on, I'll show you," Cahira explained before walking off screen.  After a few moments, a projection of a blonde woman in a green summer gown appeared on the imagery.