The Cauldron of The Dagda

Brigid was tired, hurt and bleeding as she rode the fiery horse across the sky towards Darach ar an gCnoc. She'd managed to fight off many of the attackers that pursued her but they just kept coming and as Brigid held a white jar in her hands, she feared for both her safety and the jar's inhabitant. Phoenix was doing a fantastic job keeping the dark magic at bay, but could she last until they got to the Morgan's estate?

It was unclear.

Brigid looked over her shoulder as another wave of darkness came rushing towards her. Phoenix burned it to ash with the flames that spread from her hooves and wings, being careful not to burn Brigid.

But they were almost to safety. They were so close, Brigid could almost touch it.

More of Zeus' thunderbolts chased her but Phoenix dodged them, almost knocking the acting Queen of Tír na nÓg off her mount a couple times. Brigid could see more details of the estate as Phoenix flew faster and faster into a descent. She deflected more lightning with her sword as metallic bolts filled the air and bounced pale yellow strikes of electrified light off one another, surrounding the goddess in a dome of lightning. Brigid held the jar tightly to her chest and closed her eyes.

She had failed in her mission.

As she waited for her death, Brigid heard someone calling out to her in despair. When the first bolt hit her, she screamed in agonizing pain but she clung to the jar tightly as Phoenix neighed loudly. Brigid felt herself fall off the horse as more lightning scorched her to the bone, and yet she still clung to the jar.

Wind rushed past Brigid's ears as she descended towards the earth, unable to open her eyes. When she hit something, it wasn't hard like the ground was supposed to be. It felt more like she'd been caught in someone's arms and was being cradled. When the scent of lavender filled her nostrils, Brigid smiled softly.

"Lugh..." she called out gently.

A small gasp was heard and Brigid slowly opened her eyes, seeing Lugh's handsome face staring down at her.

"My queen," he mumbled quietly.

Brigid took a deep breath and wet her lips. "Did I die?" she asked.

"Almost," Lugh sighed. "But yer a strong one, so yer gonna be just fine."

As Brigid felt Lugh begin to walk, she started becoming more coherent. "Is Phoenix okay?"

Lugh chuckled. "Oh yes. She got so mad, she burned Zeus' lightning bolts until they melted."

Brigid giggled weakly then winced. "Ugh, do not make me laugh."

"Can ya tell me what happened and why Lilly isna with ya?"

"One moment, I was on the shore minding my own business, and then the next, a giant ship came up. And it was Charon, but he was so young looking and his ship was so grand! He said I had to deliver-" Brigid gasped when she felt the jar in her hands. "Oh, good, I still have it."

"What's in it?"

"A soul."

Lugh paused in his walking. "Whose soul?"

"Olena's," Brigid whimpered.

Brigid watched as Lugh unfurled his golden wings and they went up into the air. "Was Lilly on the ship?"

"No...she was above it with O'Callaghan and Rose. They...mmm, used their shout to make the ship go faster to get away from Hades."

"And then what?" Lugh asked as he landed at the tree.

"Then Poseidon and Zeus showed up. Lilly urged me to get the jar back here and there was no room for argument when those three, very broken but very courageous women took on the three gods so I could get away."