Therapy

This chapter is rated M for domestic violence and mentions of sexual abuse.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

It was in the late afternoon when Lilly woke up out of a deep sleep.  She was draped lazily over Arthur's chest and they were both covered with a blanket...barely.  The air was cool, though, so that was nice.  A strike of lightning followed by a crack of thunder made Lilly yelp and jump out of bed.  She trembled as she backed away from the windows, the rain pattering harshly outside.

"It's just a storm, Lilly," she said to herself, swallowing hard.

Arthur rolled over in his sleep with a groan before whimpering.  Lilly marched back over to the bed, noticing tears forming in Arthur's tightly closed eyes as he gripped the covers.  His body shook tremendously as he curled in on himself.

"Lilly..." he mumbled in his sleep.

Lilly got into the bed and laid down next to Arthur, putting her arms around him.  "It's alright, Arthur.  I'm here."

"...Cahira..."

As Arthur continued to whimper, Lilly felt her own eyes fill with tears.  Another strike of lightning appeared and they both flinched when the thunder clashed loudly.  Arthur whined and sobbed in his sleep.

"Cahira..." he cried gently.

Lilly held her husband tighter, not exactly sure what to do in this situation.  She knew something was different about her husband, but she'd never seen him like this.  Not ever.  Lilly grasped the blue bead on her magical bracelet.

"Lugh," she said.

Lugh's face fizzled into existence in the floating oval screen.  "Hey, Lilly.  Did ya have a nice nap?" he asked cheerfully.

Lilly frowned.  "Yes, but something's wrong with Arthur."

Lugh's smiled dropped.  "What's he doing?"

"He's talkin' and cryin' in his sleep."  Lilly jumped a little when thunder crashed once more.  When Arthur cried out again, Lilly formed a connection in her head.  "I think it's the storm."

Lugh nodded.  "Yeah, it is.  He's been like that since we extracted the dark magic from him."

Lilly bit her lip.  "I see.  Is that why he's been...I dunno, emotional?"

"Yes, that's part of it.  Now, his infection was less potent than yers is, but it was still pretty bad.  Not tah mention that he only had it in him fer a very short time compared tah you."

"How bad was his?"  Lilly asked with deep concern lacing her voice.

Lugh took a deep breath.  "I won't get into that right now because that's not me place tah say, but he suffered significant trauma tah his mind and soul because of the infection.  And no amount of magic can heal that."

Lilly's lip trembled as she sniffed.  "Will he be like that forever?"

"No, Lilly," Lugh assured her.  "He just needs time, and he's been seeing a special healer fer it.  He's been getting better, but he still has...fits from time tah time during bad storms.  How did ya know that about the storms?"

Lilly rubbed her forehead.  "I get like that with storms, too.  Ever since Cahira was taken."  A clash of thunder was heard and Lilly growled in frustration.  "I hate storms."

"I see," Lugh said with a deep set frown.  "Well, I'm going tah contact the healer I mentioned.  I think once we get yer dark magic out, yer side effects are going tah be even worse and yer gonna need guidance."