Rumor Has It

Darrach turned the knob on the door and opened it, looking at Lilly. "I will tell you more at another time. For right now, let's enjoy ourselves," he said.

With a nod, Lilly walked through the door. Demeter was still flirting with Arthur, much to Lilly's chagrin, so she decided to take Darrach's advice and walk over, putting her arm through Arthur's and kissing his cheek. "Hello, mo chuisle," she said, eyeing Demeter with a mischievous grin.

Arthur smirked and kissed her temple. "Mo stór," he replied lovingly.

Demeter arched a brow before taking a sip of her wine. "I have heard many interesting things about you, Mrs. Morgan," Demeter said calmly. "Is it true you were a mass murderer in Saint Denis?"

"Yes," Lilly replied. "There was a school that my old mentor Angelo Bronte had and it was for training assassins. It was run by him and a woman named Miss Mávros."

"Miss Mávros? That's an odd name. Was she Greek?" Demeter asked.

"Maybe, I don't know. I only met her a few times," Lilly replied as Arthur poured his wife a small amount of whiskey and handed it to her.

"You gotta be clear headed for your next fight," Arthur explained when Lilly gave him a questioning look.

The Irish redhead took her shot and hissed before narrowing her eyes at Demeter. "An ligeann tú do mhná suirí a dhéanamh leat go minic?" she asked, still looking the Greek goddess in the eye. [Do you let women flirt with you often?]

"An bhfuil éad ort?" Arthur retorted. [Are you jealous?]

"Níl." [No.]

Arthur pulled Lilly closer to him, whispering into her ear, "bréagadóir," before nipping her earlobe. [Liar.]

As Lilly gripped Arthur's jacket with a low growl emitting from her throat, Demeter giggled before refilling her wine. "Labhair go saor, an Chuntaois. Ar chiontaigh mé thú?" she asked. [Speak freely, Countess. Have I offended you?]

Lilly gaped at the woman. "Ya speak Gaeilge?" Lilly questioned.

"Yes."

"Since when?"

"Lugh and I were close, once upon a time," she said, grinning. "He loves to teach Gaeilge to people he is involved with. I fell in love with the language and have kept up with it ever since."

Lilly arched a brow with a smirk. "You and Lugh were lovers?"

"Briefly," Demeter chuckled, rubbing her finger along the wine glass tip as she gazed into the liquid. "I did think about marrying him, but he was never one to settle down with just anyone. I feel it was because he was waiting for, "The One"."

"Uh, "The One"?" Arthur asked.

"Yes. You know, his soul mate. His twin flame."

Arthur and Lilly eyed each other in understanding of the situation, then they both eyed Darrach who was making a show of his hands and mouthing the words, "tell her about Brigid". With a nod, Lilly tilted her head and grinned at Demeter.

"He found her," she said.

Demeter gasped happily. "You're kidding! Who is it?!" she breathed.

"Brigid."

Demeter pffted and started cackling. "Oh no!"

"What?" Lilly asked in confusion.

"Oh, poor Lugh!" Demeter sighed with a chuckle. "That woman will never love him."