SIXTEEN 🌸

Three thirty we pulled up outside Amore Hotel, that coincides with the time school lets out and all I could think about was how I wasn't going to have a home after this

Arlo interlocked our fingers and walked me towards the entrance, I was a mix of negative emotions.

"Good afternoon Sir, how may I assist you?" The middle-aged receptionist lady asked with crinkled magenta lips. I thought about blurting out that I needed help, but at this point, who would come to my aid?

Liam and Olivia wouldn't give me another chance. Janet already loathes me. My father would kill me if he found out I was at a hotel miles away from home, alone with a boy. Not just any boy, brown skinned, bisexual, compromised my innocence already, boy.

"My girlfriend and I would like a room for the night." My head flung in his direction but he didn't acknowledge the shock on my face. Instead he placed the card down on the counter and pushed it towards the lady.

"Of course Sir" she started typing into her computer and then peered up at Arlo "do you have any form of ID on you?"

"Listen sweetheart, I'm booking the presidential suite don't insult me by asking for ID or I might be inclined to look elsewhere and you'll lose out on the commission."

Her facial expression changed to coyness but she didn't respond.

"I want the presidential suite, a room service menu, all of the pay per view channels and someone to get me a Mac computer immediately." He glanced at me quizzingly "Fearne you want an in-room massage?" I shook my head. "Just a massage for me then, send someone up in four hours."

He pushed Liams Amex towards the lady again, this time she didn't hesitate to take it and swipe it though.

"Your key Mr Maines." Arlo grabbed it and took my hand again, pulling me towards the elevators.

"This is so wrong Arlo." I whispered. "She just charged thousands of dollars to his credit card." A couple joined us in the elevator, Arlo smiled and gave them a head nod like everything was normal. When the elevator reached our floor he took my hand and guided the way.

Enveloped by the smell of potpourri, the presidential suite took up an entire floor complete with a full bar.

Arlo opened up double doors leading off to the balcony and inhaled the fresh wintery air, raven hair whipped above his cheekbones. His curls wildly untamed today and messy.

"This is our life now Fearne, soak it up." He said smoothly.

I hovered behind him, unsure on what to say or do. What was wrong with him?

"Arlo, I think we need to go back to school, your parents will be looking for you and Cam will wonder why I'm not on the bus." He spun around to face me and furrowed his brows.

"No. I'm going to treat my girlfriend like the queen she is." Twinges of anxiety crept through me. I picked at the skin around my finger nails nervously.