Chapter 52: The Perfect Sub

Chapter 52

The Perfect Sub

I unzipped my suitcase and pulled out the present for Titus. My mother was busy examining the bed, probably to make sure there wasn't any animal hides. The heater place in the corner of the room was already blaring.

"Mom?"

"Yes." She sat down on the bed. My father was lounging on the other side, reading a book on his tablet.

"Can I go give this to Titus?"

"I'm sure it can wait until morning?"

I bit my lip. "I was wondering if I could sleep in his room."

"Aden," she shook her head. "We went over this."

"We're technically engaged," I stated.

"I'm just not comfortable with it, sweetheart." She took off her necklace and watch.

"Please." I glanced at my father.

He was either ignoring us or had decided to go along with whatever my mother decided.

"You may be engaged, but you're still seventeen. I can't in good conscience allow my child to go sleep with a man. As sweet as Titus is, he still 23, and you are not yet an adult."

"We won't do anything." I fidgeted.

My father glanced up at me. "I don't approve of it either, Aden."

"Please," I begged. "We won't be able to see each other much once I go back to school."

"How do I know you'll only be sleeping?" She leaned back on the bed. "I thought you were only playing around on your computer, and we clearly know you were doing other things."

"We can't, though," I whispered. "If we do, he'll mark me. We're too close now, or something, so he won't be able to resist if we did."

My mother sighed. "Aden," she said sternly, holding out her hand for me.

I sat down at her side.

"Don't make me regret it." She grabbed my chin. "I don't want to wake up in the morning to find my son has turned into a werewolf."

"Mom," I breathed.

"I'm serious." She turned my head to the side and kissed my cheek. "Good night, and it's just for this week. If he sleeps over at our house again, separate room until marriage or mating," she laughed. "You get the point."

"Thank you." I throw my arms around her. I did an awkward wave to my dad before bolting out into the hall with Titus's gift pressed to my chest. I stopped a little way down the hall and trudged back to the room.

My mother was waiting, holding a flashlight. "You're not a werewolf yet, Aden."

"Thanks." I gave her a sheepish smile and took it from her. "See you in the morning."

"Be good," she called after me.

I waved and hurried off. Flipping on the light, I crept down the hall. In the main tunnel, werewolves were scattered about the walls or curled up together. I tried to be quiet as possible, tiptoeing to Titus's room.

Arriving, I shined the flashlight inside, but Titus's wasn't there. I heard his voice coming from the cave next door. After placing his present just inside the door, I walked to the hid strung across the next entrance.

"Titus?"

The deer hides parted, and my boyfriend smiled at me. "You didn't sneak out, right?"

"No," I exclaimed, shining the light in his eyes.