Chapter 64: Tomorrow After School

Chapter 64

Tomorrow After School

I watched Chris out of the corner of my eyes as I waited in front of the school during lunch. He had just pulled into the parking lot and was joking around with his friends. For weeks, everyone had told me to drop the issue, move on. Chris was leaving me alone, and Titus assured me no one had entered pack territory since the accident. I didn't care, though. I had been friends with Chris since kindergarten. He was smart, and my gut told me he was planning something. Yes, I was going to keep my distance, but I was still keeping an eye on him.

"Watch it, you idiot," yelled Chris, when one of his friends climbed out of his truck and a bag dropped onto the floor. He shoved it back inside. 

"Why do you have all this junk back here?"

Chris slammed the door and locked the vehicle. "I've been busy and haven't had time to clean it out."

"Get Katy to do it for you," laughed Andrew.

"Yeah right," he replied, shaking his head. 

Their voices died down to the point I couldn't hear them. Titus was right, I was becoming obsessed. Grabbing my bag, I went inside. I stopped to grab the books I would need for my next class. I jumped when a locker slammed shut next to me. I glanced over at Katy, who was standing with all her friends around her.

"I've had it," she hissed. "I'm so sick of this."

"You should just break up with him."

Katy folded her arms. "I honestly thinking about it. It's not like he ever wants to do anything with me anyways."

Closing my locker, I hurried off toward my next class. The bell rang as I walked in the door. I sat quietly in the back for everyone else to get there. My anxiety levels were still high. Groaning, I rested my head on the desk. I couldn't let it go. Yelling came from the hall, and I recognized the voice. I stood and went to the door. 

The students stared at Katy and Chris as they passed. 

"We're done," she snapped. "I'm tired of this. If you're just going to ignore me then there's no point for us to be together."

Chris just stood there with a blank expression on his face. I smiled to myself. The school perfect couple was finally falling apart. Served Chris right. 

"You're not even going to say anything," she said annoyed, cocking her hip to the side. "Typical," she turned sharply. "I should have done this months ago. We're over." She marched off with her friends right behind her. 

Everyone was moving timidly around Chris, who just stood there, glaring at the spot where Katy had been standing. His head slowly turned toward me. I gave him a smirk. I didn't feel bad at all for him, and the public embarrassment made it that much better.

The corner of his mouth pulled back into a grin. "You can have her back Aden," he said loudly. "Since you're single, well soon to be, at least." With a shrug, he walked off, and the hallway returned to normal. 

I slipped back into the room and returned to my seat. My nerves were getting to me again. I was going to find out what Chris was planning and stop it.

***

"Mom," I yelled. "I'm going for a walk be back later." I grabbed my coat and put it on. 

She walked out of her room with Demon in her arms. "Where too?"

I shrugged. "Just around the neighborhood."