Chapter 56 Date Night

Chapter 56

Date Night

"There's fine." I pointed to the parking lot to the side of the school.

"I can take you to the door," replied Titus.

"I can walk," I replied, taking off my seatbelt.

Titus tapped his finger on the steering wheel. "There wouldn't be another reason, right?"

I sunk down in my seat. It won't have been a big deal if he wasn't driving one his dad's fancy cars. The bright red sports car was drawing the eyes of everyone that passed. "Just go," I muttered.

He flashed me a smile and drove to the front of the school. Pulling up to the curb, he put the car in park. "Have a good day."

"Thanks." I reached into the back seat for my book bag.

Titus watched me with a content smile on his face. He wanted something. I could tell.

"What?"

He shrugged and sucked in his lips.

"Seriously?"

"I'd like one, if that's okay."

I quickly looked around. Plenty of people were staring, but more were coming. Grabbing the front of his shirt, I yanked him over to me and gave him a quick kiss. "Bye." I opened the door with my face blaring red.

"Call me tonight," he yelled after me.

"'kay." I waved and stood there as he drove off. Dear god, today was going to be a long one. I hurried into the building and went straight to my locker. Whispering and stares were things I tried to avoid, and Titus had to make me do that. Graduation couldn't be soon enough. I was ready to be done with school.

Grabbing my things, I headed to my first class early. The teacher was writing on the board when I slipped inside and sat down.

The bell rang soon after and little by little others started filtering into the room. Chris's friends arrived, but he wasn't with them. The girls around me kept giving me glances. I rested my head on the desk to block them out. Titus was going to hear about this tonight.

My government teacher opened his binder and started reading down the roll. "Brittany."

"Here," said the girl beside me.

"Ashlyn."

"Yeah," breathed a girl with her head on her desk while texting on her phone, hidden in her lap.

"Greg."

"Here."

"Chris." When there wasn't a reply, he looked up. "No Chris today."

Andrew shook his head.

"I saw him this morning. Where did you go?"

"His mom called," replied Andrew. "He had to run home. He said he'd be back later today."

"Tell him to come see me during lunch or after school, so I can give him the homework."

"Will do," said Andrew, turning to talk to his friends beside him.

The teacher continued.

"So the guy in the fancy car was your fiance, right?" asked Ashlyn.

Groaning, I laid my head on my desk. "I don't want to talk about it."

"You two are so cute," said her friend. "I saw the kiss, Aden." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"I'm going to kill him," I breathed.