Chapter 16 His Many Forms

This ones wins, so I'm deleteing the other chapter 16.

Chapter 16

His Many Forms

He led me deep into the woods. Whatever he wanted to show me, Titus was making sure no one else was going to overhear us. I just followed quietly behind him.

We entered a clearing. Titus stopped and looked around.

I glanced at my surrounding. "Titus?"

Titus turned to me and took a deep breath. "Tell me everything right now, Aden."

I rang my hand together. "Titus, let's just go back."

"I'm not asking," he snapped.

I bite my lip and looked away. "Wolves. I keep seeing these giant wolves, but they're not real," I quickly added, rubbing my forehead. "One scratched me." My hand went to my shoulder. "But, nothing was there. Just a bruise," I laughed hesitantly. "So none of this can be real, right? Scratches don't just disappear."

Titus stared back, stoned faced. "And the party?"

"You looked mad." My gaze dropped to the ground as I continued to rub my arm. "That's it."

"Now's not the time to lie," he stated firmly. "I want the truth."

"You changed. Something about you changed. Your hands." I peeked up at him. "You just changed." I took a deep breath. "Can we go back now?"

"Nothing else?"

I shrugged. "The way you healed Chris. It wasn't natural. It was like that time at the hot pools."

Sighing, he ran his hand down his face and thought for a moment. "I'm different, Aden. My family, we're just different. As long as you understand that will be fine."

"No one should be able to do that, Titus. I thought it was my mind making it up, but something really isn't right with you." I backed away.

Titus snatched my arm. "Aden, please."

I slowly pulled my arm free. "Whatever is going on with you scares me. I don't want to worry about things jumping out at me. I'm sorry, Titus, but I can't do this."

"It's not like that though," he pled. "I will keep you safe."

"I shouldn't have to be kept safe," I exclaimed. I clasped my forehead. My head was starting to throb. "I'm going back." I walked back the way we had came.

"Aden, wait!"

I stopped and looked over my shoulder at him.

Titus dropped his shorts. "Just wait. I'll show you everything is okay. There's nothing to be afraid-"

A red blur leaped from the trees and tackled him. My breath caught, and I stood there frozen.

Titus kicked the mutant wolf off him. The red beast rolled across the ground and right back onto its feet. It snarled at him. Gritting this teeth, Titus stood. Blood was running down his arm.

"What is with you!" Titus snapped.

The wolf snapped its jaws at him. I was struggling to breath as I sunk to the ground. It did exist. This demon that kept trying to kill me. It was not a figment of my mind.

"I am so sick of us constantly fighting," growled Titus, wiping the blood off his arm. "For once, could you take a break?"

The wound was pulling together. All I did was stare. What was going on?