Chapter 33: My List of Problems

Chapter 33

My List of Problems

I open my locker and started shoving books into my bag. School had seemed to be three times longer than usual, but now I was on my way to see Titus. I put my sketchbook in with the others. The zipper fell down, and everything spilled out onto the floor.

“Shit,” I whispered, dropping to my knees. I gathered up my books and stuffed them back into my book bag. I reached for my sketchbook, but a hand beat me to it.

I froze. It didn’t take much for me to recognize that it was Chris. I glanced up at him. He didn’t respond and began flipping through it. His friend were chatting around him. I stood and waited. He was taking a rather long time. Long enough that his football buddies started to huddle around.

“Can I have it back?” I rang my shoulder-strap in my hands.

Chris gave a disgusted look and glanced back. They all started to chuckle.

“Well Aden.” He snapped it shut. “You’re sure turned into some freak.” He shoved the book into my chest as he passed.

Gritting my teeth, I kept my head bowed as they all passed. Titus was right; I was blinded by a stupid crush to not see the real Chris.

Exiting the school, I didn’t have the same excitement. It was still bitter sweet to be reminded how things had changed over the summer. I did have Titus now, though, and that was worth it. With a smile, I hurried down the road toward home.

Cars zipped by, and I was really happy to get off the main road. It had been too long, way too long. I was going to have to talk to Titus about waiting weeks between meeting.

Turning down the street nearby my house, I saw the grove up ahead. I broke into a jog and hurried into the trees.

“Titus?” I called. He better not be late.

“Aden.” Titus appeared through the trees, walking toward me.

I dropped my book bag and raced over. He grabbed me and lifted me into the air as I hugged him.

“I missed you,” I whispered.

Titus laughed. “I noticed.” He set me down. “You’re rather excited today.”

I smacked him in the arm. “Don’t be an ass.”

Shaking his head, Titus took me by the hand, and we went to sit down. I grabbed my bookbag, which was sitting nearby and took out my sketchbook.

“What do you have?”

I was losing my nerve. Setting the book on my lap, I thumb through the pages. Finding the one near the end, I handed it to him. “I drew this for you.”

The picture showed a black werewolf lounging on a cliff with the forest down below.

I rubbed my arm. “I thought it turned out alright. Better than most,” I laughed nervously.

Setting the picture to the side, Titus grabbed my chin and pulled me to him. “I love it. Thank you.”

Our lips met. I melted into the kiss. My hands landed on his chest, and ran up to his shoulders. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to him. It was ridiculous the way I was acting. I had become this needy thing just because we hadn’t been together for two weeks. A whole two week, practically nothing.

His hand slid lower, and I was completely fine with it. More than fine with it. I had waited so long to be with him again; Titus was right, I was rather excited.