Chapter 1 | Season 1 👇

Sung Jin-Woo received the power of the previous Shadow Monarch Ashborn and became his successor.

Meanwhile, Ashborn was ready to enter his dream world once and forever, but something unforeseen had happened.

Ashborn once again saw his creator. He was sitting in front of a campfire on some log.

"Ashborn... It seems that you are finally able to rest. Come sit. " He gestured to Ashborn to sit next to him.

Ashborn didn't say anything and just sat next to his creator.

"Sorry for all that happened. You never liked wars, but eventually, you got dragged into it because of me. "

"You don't have to apologize. "

"Yes, I have to. You all were like children to me, instead of enjoying the show, I had to take better care of you. Look what it evolved into... "

Ashborn just listened to his creator and went deep into his thoughts, he recalled other monarchs and rulers. But it was already too late to change anything. It was now time to rest.

"Ashborn, what do you think about humans? " All of a sudden Ashborn was questioned by his creator.

"At first, I was neutral. It didn't really matter to me, humans were all driven by their emotions. That was what I thought about them at first. Then I discovered him... Just when he became my successor, perhaps then I grew attached to at least one of them." Ashborn said, and a small smile emerged on his face.

"Can you tell me why you grew attached to them? I'm also interested. "

"My successor, before becoming strong was one of weakest and despite being weakest he was still going in danger head-on, he was ready to do that to save his mother and make his sister joyful. Just by observing him, I realized that humans may be weak against us, but by no means I can say that I lived happier than them. This feeling of joy in humans made me think about them in another way."

"Would you like to live as a human? Tell me Ashborn. "

"If I had the chance, then yes. " Ashborn answered without hesitation.

"I see, then I won't be holding you here. "

"What do you mean? " questioned puzzled Ashborn...

"What's with that expression? Where is the Mightiest Fragment Of Brilliant Light? "

"I don't understand what you mean by holding me here. " Ashborn demanded.

"Like I said. I won't be keeping you here for longer. It's time for me and you to say farewell to each other. "

Ashborn didn't know what to say. To the person in front of him, he was nothing but a mere child. This person in front of him is someone that he can't really understand.

"I wish you good luck Ashborn. Now goodbye. "

Ashborn just stared at a person and slowly his vision darkened.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Ashborn attempted to open his eyes to see what was going on after his vision darkened.

"Congratulations Sir and Madam, They are healthy boys." Said a voice that Ashborn couldn't recognize.

'What is going on? What did the old man do?' Thought Ashborn

Ashborn once again strived to open his eyes, this time everything was hazy. He then tried to sense everything with mana, but sadly, he couldn't achieve that.

'My mana... It's like it's not obeying me. I can feel it, but I can't control it...' Concluded Ashborn.

'But mainly, it seems that "he" turned me into a human being. '

(Ashborn POV)

What I learned in just a few minutes is that. I'm now a normal human... maybe not that normal human.

I have a mother, Alice, I have a father Raynolds and I also have a twin brother Arthur. Calling them like that shouldn't be weird right? This is how real families interact with each other. My name is also Ashborn here... coincidence? Maybe. Also heard that the town we live in is called Ashber... not so coincidence.

"Hi little Art little Ash, I'm your daddy, can you say Dada?" My father looked at me and my new brother and requested. I didn't know if that expression on his face was normal, but it was moronic...

"Honey, he was just born." My mother scoffed at my father. I saw a mother with a house doctor.

"Hmm, he isn't crying. Doctor, I thought newborn children were supposed to cry when they are born." My mother said.

'I should cry? No, the greatest fragment of brilliant light and former shadow monarch should cry? ' Even though this was a new life I still have the self-esteem of my previous one.

"There are cases where the infant does not cry. By all means continue resting for a couple of days Mrs. Leywin, and let me know if something happens to Arthur and Ashborn, Mr. Leywin." The doctor answered and I was relieved.

The weeks of my new life were annoying. Not only I couldn't walk and crawl but also I couldn't control my body at all. I can't even control it... that thing came out on its own. I pity you, humans, I should respect you for enduring things as such.

Other than that everything went normal... I don't think that I know what is normal or what but it seems so. Mother was feeding me milk, it felt enjoyable and the milk tasted great. (Don't think something lewd ok)

I also saw that magic exists in this world also. I saw my mother healing my brother Arthur. My mother is a healer, I guess. But the effect of healing is sluggish. (Yeah, and he compared it to his healing factor lol)

Also about where am I right now? I was observing my surroundings for quite some time already. There isn't electricity just like in my successor's world. I remembered then how I watched movies through Beru's vision. It seemed that this world wasn't modern, Middle Ages I presume... I also visited places outside of this residence a few times with my mother. I saw people walking with armors and weapons. Yeah, I was right this world is just like the Middle Ages in that movie but with magic.

My father always practiced his moves... I can't call it Magic, how in the name of me, I shall call this magic? He was chanting something and three spikes emerged from the ground. For the time period that he was shouting this spell, someone could've killed him over 50 times by now.

My brother Arthur, meanwhile, looked curious about this. His eyes were also constantly observing his surroundings, his eyes seemed to have a deeper meaning behind them than most of the adults. Possibly that is because he is my brother? Well, who knows.

About magic, in this world, I would say that It's on the level of the earth... yes, I would say that it is even weaker. Constantly sensing mana around I learned that people in this realm are restricting their potential with some cores.

They are forming some core in their belly, some have different colors. But I have a few theories about it and it seems the clearer the core the stronger the person.

When they reach the brightest color, then what? If they will have a white-colored core then what will they do? I don't understand many things, yet I have to observe even more.

I will form this core to not bring up suspicion from other people, but I also need to find a way to increase my mana reserves. They are pathetically low... even lower than A-Rank hunters on earth.

For now, it's now time to sleep... Damn you old man... I can hear other monarchs laughing their asses at me.