Chapter 52

"Seris, you're right on time."

When Ashborn noticed a presence near him, he turned around. He recognized the mana signature this time; it was unmistakably Seris.

"A few problems appeared, but it shouldn't be too serious." The woman finally stepped out of the shadows and met Ashborn's eyes.

"Mind telling me what's going on? You appear to be a little restless." Seris's anxious expression drew Ashborn's question.

The answer never came out of her mouth. Instead, she was looking at the right side of Ashborn's chest. The auburn-haired understood. She was actually afraid of the Black Heart's leaking mana.

"A minor issue has arisen, which I am attempting to resolve." Ashborn pointed at the Black Heart, indicating it was the issue.

"I see, but why did you summon me?"

For a little while, Ashborn considered his options. He wasn't sure how to tell her to play the taxi driver's role. The real reason, however, was to drop him off in Alacrya.

"I thought it would be obvious. Tell me the brief report of the situation in Alacrya." With certainty in his voice, he replied. The woman deadpanned at him.

"Your soldier is literally always in my shadow..." She narrowed her eyes.

"I'm well aware of this fact."

"*Sigh* Alacrya isn't in a pleasant state right now. Even though people hail Vritras, a lot of them are afraid of the upcoming war. I'm sure you're aware of that as well." The scythe elaborated.

"Hm, it seems that even you are not aware of it..." Ash muttered. Seris heard this and questioned him.

"I'm not aware of what?"

"Recently, one of the Scythes assaulted me while wearing the strange armor. Besides, there is some alliance going with the Asuras and Vritras." The young man explained himself and went on.

"There were two attacks, the second of which had a dubious motive. Maybe it was to put new armor to the test? I'm not sure, but I killed Cadell the Scythe regardless." At the mention of Cadell, Seris widened her eyes.

"The Scythe and Cadell at that?"

"The mystery is as to why? Why attack when you know you're going to lose anyway? Agrona saw my strength firsthand." He pondered as he rested his hand on his chin.

"You have confronted Agrona? Maybe that's why he hasn't shown himself..." Her words piqued Ashborn's interest.

"So the lizard hasn't been in Alacrya. Seris, you might have a chance to move your plans now,"

"No, it's too early. People still have faith in Vritras. I'm not sure if my small move can change their minds." She shook her head in denial.

"If you don't try, you'll never know. However, you may have a legitimate point. The majority of the population has faith in lizards; just wait until it dries out." The vein on the woman's forehead exploded. Unwittingly, the auburn-haired insulted him once more...

"What should we do about it?"

Ashborn entered into a lengthy thought process in response to the woman's query.

He wasn't a political expert and didn't have any prior experience in the field. However, Ash has spent a lot of time observing people and knows what drives them.

Humans are led by their inner impulses and emotions, whether they like it or not. So the easiest way is to implant fear in them.

"I have an idea, but I need to work out a minor snag. It simply won't work out without this." He responded while pointing at his Black Heart.