Chapter 74

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
________________________________________________________________________________

Only two people were still present beneath Indrath's demolished castle. There was a bubble of air created under this ruined place. The Monarch of White Flames and the Shadow Monarch are facing each other, with the former still clinging to the sword that was thrust into the latter.

The Monarch of White Flames was having a hard time controlling his emotional state. Soon, Ashborn would regain his magic and sweep him off. He won't be able to be hurt by his electricity the same way he was before.

"Why don't you f*cking die?!"

Baran exerted more force in an effort to split Asbhorn's head in half. He should be able to split the Shadow Bastard in half with enough force. Ashborn is still paralyzed by electricity, so the monarch tries to thrust his weapon upward but runs into a tough object.

Baran's white eyes widened as he observed how the sword was utterly immobile. Ashborn's body couldn't be the source of the resistance; on the contrary, it was extremely weak in comparison to his own. By now, the human body should have been cut into pieces.

Suddenly, the sword was grabbed from the front. The monarch looked up to see Ashborn staring back at him with eyes that pierced the soul. For a moment, his grasp on the sword loosened. This period of time was enough for him to lose the handle of the sword completely.

The Shadow Monarch thrust the sword back and hit the chest of Baran with enough force to make Baran's chest deform and take the shape of the handle. The monarch of white flames flew back and was crushed into the rubble.

Before he could regain his composure and stand up, he received a crushing blow to the head and crashed into the rubble again One punch, two punches, three punches, the Shadow Monarch uncontrollably kept punching the traitor.

Then he grabbed the head of Baran and lifted him closer. Just when they made eye contact, Ashborn proceeded to kick the face of the monarch with his knee. This continued until he was blocked.

Baran used telekinesis to bring down the pile of rubble on the Shadow Monarch. Before the destroyed pieces of the castle could reach Ashborn, he used his own telekinesis and stopped them in mid-air.

The demon took advantage of Ashborn's occupied hand to draw his sword. Once more, it was stopped before Baran could bring it to himself, but at this point, both of the Shadow Monarch's hands were occupied.

With great force, Baran ejected himself from this air bubble and emerged from the pile of debris outside the castle after crashing through it.

Chaos reigned supreme in the outside world. Not that he had anything against it, but how did it come about so quickly? Those monarchs needed to deal with the shadow army right away. So why are they putting up such resistance?

*Rumble*

Baran could feel the chill run down his spine; the crater formed on the ground as the rubble exploded. Those purple eyes always terrified him, and now he is facing him alone... Together with the Beast Monarch, he was destroyed. What could he do alone?

To fight the Shadow Monarch, he nevertheless materialized long daggers in his hands.

The speed of his foe, however, prevented him from responding. Ashborn used telekinesis to fire Baran's own sword in his direction. It was painfully avoided by Baran; he lost his left hand in the process.

"I need to reach Antares..." Hurriedly muttered Baran, he wouldn't last long without additional help.

Ash blurred next to him, "I'll take you to him." He bashed Baran's head with his leg and sent him flying towards the largest battle on the flying continent.