Chapter 85

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
________________________________________________________________________________

Their battle was something more than the world could handle. Jin-woo could still feel it, despite it being in an entirely different space. He chuckled. His battle with Antares was nothing compared to this one.

Even the infinite nothingness that existed in between the dimensions was a wreck. It was violently shaken with every attack unleashed by the two adversaries. His hands trembled at the thought of joining that battle. It was a thrilling idea, but he might not be able to face the current Monarch of Destruction.

Only Ashborn was capable of doing so, with him having something to counter Antares. The Fragments.

In the middle of their battle, it became apparent that both sides began to use the fragments in their possessions. It gave them something more than just magic. Now, they could directly control time, space, and existence.

It became a hassle to predict each other's moves.

Antares was not dumb. At this point, he was ready to use everything to kill the Shadow Monarch. Including the same petty tricks he once hated.

Ashborn was not an exception. This was a battle of survival where the survivor decides the future.

*Flash*

Antares' eyes were blinded by a bolt of purple lightning that approached him. He chose not to tank it and transform it into his smaller form. The sparks of fire that exploded from his dragon form merged into a human.

The lightning stuck past him and lit up the surroundings, including the shadow monarch. The great sword appeared in Antares' hand.

*Clang*

Ashborn and Antares collided with their swords crossed. They were evenly matched, despite Shadow Monarch having more fragments. When it came to the power of fragments, even one was capable of doing the unimaginable. In this case, the count just determined how long they would last.

That's why they were both targeting each other's fragments. If one manages to take it out, they will have more chances.

But unfortunately, there were no such prospects yet. The two greatly blocked or countered each other's attack. Only if they could maintain such seriousness and calm in this situation. A normal mind would've been overwhelmed.

Ashborn's expression was especially calm. He was being attacked by Antares so fiercely, but he never once even twitched his face. His eyes were attentively locked on Antares, as he kept analyzing his every move.

*Crackle*

Antares' eyes shifted their attention to Ash's hands. One of them was emitting purple lightning. He had to rotate himself not to get his chest stabbed by Ashborn's hand.

*Swing*

Ashborn found a way to expose his enemy's chest. He exerted more force on his weapon, and with Antares not having a stable foothold, he managed to incline it in a way.

*Breath of Destruction*

The dragon monarch sensed the danger and wasted no time. At the expense of his arms, he launched the destructive flames at Ashborn. It hit, but the latter was quick enough to create a shield to block the attack partly.

The hot flames burned through his flesh as they rained down on his shoulders like lava. He was being internally erased, and Ash could feel it. His eyes landed on the Antares, who recreated his hands with the power of fragments.