Chapter 61

When the world needed him the most, he came back.

Ashborn has ascended yet another relictomb with relative ease, despite having "slight" problems. He teleported back to the entrance of the relictomb, directly in the center of the massively guarded place. It didn't matter to him who was guarding the place; this time he hastily began exiting the building. Despite his presence in the building, he walked like a shadow, and the guards present were unable to see him.

'Cylrit has disappeared.'

A few days ago, the Shadow Monarch lost a connection to one of his soldiers. A very important shadow soldier at that, the one who monitored and protected his so-called spy. Just like any other, he was supposed to be an unkillable being, but Ashborn lost track of Cylrit, who vanished with no trace.

'I doubt it was the Asuras...'

No, it was something different. Obviously, Ashborn could understand that some outer threat had manifested on this planet. No matter what, the Shadow Soldiers were all the same; it was just a difference in strength. No matter how hard you beat them in physical combat, they will rise until their liege is standing.

'Cylrit vanished in an instant, leaving no trace of his mana...the Asuran magic? I doubt anyone, least of all the Asuras, was capable of erasing Cyrit...'

In the meantime, he had already exited the relictomb. He saw a few more soldiers guarding the place, but all of them, as expected, couldn't notice him. Yes, now he could keep his mana in check.

'I should try and find Seris.'

Cylrit was always in her shadow. If something happened to Cylrit, then the elegant woman would be the first one to actually witness it. Or so he thought. As the mana exploded out of his repaired Black Heart and swept through the continent of Alacrya in a matter of seconds, Ashborn couldn't locate the familiar mana of Seris.

'Even her mana disappeared, this could only indicate that she is dead.'

Not just dead, but literally erased, that is. There was a possibility of her being in another dimension, but Cylrit would not have let that happen. No, the case was entirely how Ash had concluded.

"I can't meddle with the future... but it's predictable."

He had already tried to view the upcoming events by looking into the future, but who would have thought that there wouldn't be anything else but darkness? Perhaps the so-called "ancient mages" were correct. The past, which is rife with bloodbaths and constant loss of life, The past of the world, which fell into darkness and became the epitome of devastation,

Ashborn was familiar with this; he experienced true hell at that time. His path was filled with only suffering. It wasn't something to get over easily. Maybe it's never meant for him to get over it.

"Hmm, so it's repeating?"

He wouldn't want it to repeat, but he can't stop it as someone else is already restraining him to do so. The individual with the power to pry the stream of existence... who could it be? Not an ordinary human, nor an Asura. No, it's someone with even greater force. Although it's trying to hide its presence, it's there and the Shadow Monarch can feel it well.

He was prepared for a clash between himself and that individual. He merely had to proceed with his plan.

"For now, let's search for the Vritras..." He still remembered them, as they were still first in line to repay the debt. Vritras might know the situation in Seris since there were quite a few of them working under Agrona.

There are thousands, if not tens of thousands, of Vritra-blooded Alacryans on this continent, so who should be paid first? If Ashborn remembered correctly, Seris had a student who was also Vritra blooded. It was decided he would visit her first and ask if she knew at least something else, but since he never left a soldier in her shadow, he'd have to search.