Chapter 27

(Ashborn's POV)

The dungeon dive wasn't as pleasant as I thought it would be. Though Ellie was positive from the start since she could test her bow fully.

But later I realized that for Ellie it's still early to kill even if it's a mindless beast, for Ellie, it's still something that is alive.

(Flashback Start)

I and Ellie were currently in the low-class dungeon. Mana-beasts that looked like rabbits were hopping from place to place trying to reach us.

Hawky took a high position so beasts couldn't reach and Ellie without worry could shoot.

"Now aim your bow at mana-beasts." I told Ellie who looked at me frightened.

"Wait! S-So I will have to shoot at those rabbits?" Squeaked Ellie while looking at mana-beasts running below us.

"They are moving targets. Only better for you if you manage to hit them." Later I regretted what I said.

"But, they are..." Ellie looked at mana-beasts with sorrow in her eyes.

"If you think that they are cute it's nothing like this. They are ready to tear apart your bones and flesh, you still think that they are cute after hearing this?" I looked down and looked at the boss of this dungeon.

Boss was also a rabbit. It had white fur and red eyes, Ellie was afraid of that certain mana-beast because of its red eyes. (White rabbits with red eyes, damn I'm soo scared of them!)

"Ellie, if you don't want, we can return home." I already knew that she wasn't ready to kill. But if by small chance she will do it now, later it might be easier for her.

"No..." Ellie's answer surprised me.

She took stance on, her legs were shaking and she almost fell off from Hawky, but I quickly caught her by the collar.

"You are shaking. Are you sure you want to do it?" I asked and she nodded.

"Mother and Father were always hunting mana beasts you know..." I said and this seemed to reassure her a little.

She got ready, aiming her bow at a certain red-eyes rabbit she pulled mana-string to her. She closed her eyes and after taking a deep breath she released the string.

She still had closed eyes. She waited for something to happen, but fortunately for her when she opened her eyes nothing was killed.

"You aren't ready yet. Let's go home, you should be tired." She released a deep sigh and nodded.

'I made a big mistake.'

(Flashback End)

Here I'm now. Sitting outside of Helstea manor, while Ellie is in her room resting. She is also pretty mad since I almost made her kill something.

I'm lucky that she didn't tell mother...

"What are you doing here Ash honey?" I heard the voice of my mother from behind.

"Just resting." I answered shortly.

"And what happened young man? Why is Ellie mad at you?" Alice asked suddenly.

'How did she...' I got shocked at my mother's intuition.

"Ellie's training was really hard." I answered while hoping that situation won't get serious.

"Is that so? But Ellie is still young and she is the girl at that. Don't you agree with me that training is still early for her?" I could only agree since behind the soft smile that she wore, I detected malicious intent.