Chapter 65

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
________________________________________________________________________________
Princess Tessia and her classmates were engaged in combat with Alacryans. This was a battle for life and death, where one mistake could cost the lives of the entire team. Ten people against hundreds of Alacryans. However ridiculous that might sound, the Dicathenians were fighting back pretty well.

This type of resistance was unforeseen by the Alacryans. They were like dog meat sent in just to die. The stamina of Xyrus's students, though, was slowly diminishing, and mana wasn't infinite. It would've run out long ago if not for the certain badges that were given to them. Countless elixirs were also used during this time, to ease the pain or resupply mana cores.

"Tess! Do it again!"

"Alright!" Raising her hand high in the air, the elven princess chanted a spell. This made vines in the earth rise, crack the land apart, and create a jungle-like environment in an instance. The Alacryans were trapped in this place, greatly restrained from moving.

"Alright, Kathyln, it's your time to shine!" Claire shouted at the dark-haired girl, accompanied by a little smirk. Today, many of those Alacryans won't be going home.

Kathyln menacingly exhaled chilly air. With a swift movement of her hand, she swept the wand in the direction of the vines. She was an ice-deviant, and now she was planning to freeze all the vines Tess had just raised. It didn't take much effort from her, just an ounce of mana. Ice-mana like a wave, spread across the area, covering not only the plants but the Alacryan soldiers as well.

The victim of Kath's ice magic wanted to scream, but before he could do so. He froze, not able to even let out a scream of pain. His death was followed by many others. The remaining who survived and were out of the area couldn't simply shrug off the deaths of their comrades. They stared at the group of frozen statues. This wasn't the end.

"Take this, you damn bastards!"

An angry Theo entered the chat. His rage was leaking through magic. Even his classmates could feel it, as Theo's magic responded to its emotions and created a gravitational circle around him that pressured everyone. It was a horrible act for a warrior, but damn, it felt so good doing it to the enemies. He augmented his hand with an enormous amount of gravity magic and dug into the ice construct.

*Crack* *Crack*

Then, followed by the complete obliteration of frozen remains, the dome of ice was splattered flat on the soil, seizing the Alacryan soldiers in an even more jaw-dropping shock. Hell, even the classmates didn't appreciate this. Now, what would Alacryan do? Obviously, try and avenge the fallen comrades, whatever it takes.

Claire wanted to scold the masculine teen right here. However, there was no time for this. Either they had to run or fight. Without a cover, retreating was a bad idea, so Claire glanced at the conjurers in her group. Tessia has just used the massive plant magic, as well as Kathyln, who froze it. The only possible candidate was now Feyrith, but he was too busy shooting approaching Alacryans.

"Feyfey! Use some spells concentrated on a large area, we'll cover you! Guys, protect Feyrith until he charges up the attack!" Claire instructed her teammates, at what, and everyone responded as expected. Feyrith, not arguing, moved back, and his place was taken by Doradrea. They made a diamond formation with Feyrith at the center of it.

Feyrith was now well protected from all sides. The only thing Feyrith had to do was charge up a spell with mana. This was the problem now. From where would he get so much mana? His wand, made by Gideon himself, didn't absorb as much mana as he required it to at the moment.