Chapter 82

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH

Double update today, cuz I feel like it :)))
________________________________________________________________________________

"Arise."

Antares widened his eyes and jumped away from Ashborn the moment he heard those words being spoken.

He quickly glanced around to see if there were any floating corpses or souls, but there weren't, so he quickly returned his focus to Ashborn. Legia and the Beast Monarch were nervously looking at the scene.

A few tense seconds passed, but nothing happened.

The dragon monarch's eyes were fixed on the grinning shadow monarch. The way Ashborn was grinning was very suspicious.

'What did he do?'

There was no sign of a shadow soldier rising, nor was there any of Ashborn's magic traveling the land. The only one that he could most likely call upon was a soul that was imprisoned in him. But that person wasn't dead.

[And what did you try to achieve with this?] Antares asked the shadow monarch.

Ashborn raised a brow, "Oh, this was just a test."

[What did you test with it? That you couldn't use your power anymore?]

"No, you are wrong. I found something about the Black Heart. Apparently, it won't comply with anyone else but its rightful owner."

[Right, I am the ow-]

"It won't pay attention to you, so that means. The one who was never able to defeat death is you."

Ashborn shrugged off all the dust on his clothes and removed all the blood accumulated on its surface.

"I'm the only one it listens to."

[What?]

"I hate repeating myself. I said..."

Antares' expression turned ugly. 'This bastard.' He opened his mouth to charge up the breath of destruction and finally erase the shadow monarch.

"Arise."

The dragon monarch stopped in his tracks. He couldn't unleash the attack, as if there was something stuck in his throat. He touched his chest with his hand, feeling something was unwell.

'What is this...?' He thought.

Was something moving inside of him? Why was there magic moving from the black heart towards his stomach?

'Could it actually work?' Even though he dismissed the idea, Antares feared that Ashborn might call upon the soul of Arthur. He made sure that nothing could steal his soul... Then what was he aiming for?

He turned to face Ashborn. Those glowing purple eyes returned. Chills run down his spine seeing them again.

The feeling in his chest worsened;

*Kwuaahhhh!*

His mouth let out either a scream or a roar. Those who were standing close by were very perplexed by this. The Beast Monarch wanted to inquire as to why the dragon was screaming at this precise moment, but upon observing his frozen eyes and the way he held his chest... The Beast Monarch made the decision not to.

'Who is this?' Antares couldn't comprehend. Could he miss someone?

*Kwuaaaahh!*

With another scream, the shadow exploded from his chest and the dark figure in the form of the dragon jumped out. It seemed like it was holding onto something burning...