Chapter 60

The dragon, coated with darkness, has emerged from the shadow of Reynolds. The large foot of the dragon was placed next to the man, as the ground under it cracked. The second came out right after, and it ended up tens of meters away from the first. The sheer size of its legs was enough to overshadow beasts nearby.

When the dragon fully came out of the darkness, the rest of his two legs were located outside of the forest's range, so they were not visible to the gang.

"You little toys of Agrona... You have quite an attitude regardless of how weak you are." The dragon lowered its head closer to the place where Jasmine and the "toy" were. The shadow soldiers in general didn't need to breathe, but to intimidate the enemy even more. Like a kettle when the water boils, the dragon released steam.

'Who the hell is this?! An asura?'

Meanwhile, the person in front of the dragon's face was screaming in his mind. He was told that the Asuras aligned themselves with the Vritra, but here it was. The majestic dragon although its size was way bigger than those explained in the stories he was told so far.

'No, it's definitely not an Asura! Even Agrona doesn't have that intimidating pressure!' The more he stared at the dragon, the more confused he grew. He was trying to see the actual shape of a dragon, but the black scales were like a void. As if he was getting dragged in it, the man couldn't even comprehend how far away the dragon was from him.

"The power that is rising within me...I'm forever grateful to you, my lord. I shall bring this lesser to you as an offering." The dragon opened its wide mouth, and like blades, it unsheathed enormous teeth. Each of them was larger than the bulky man.

"Jasmine Flamesworth, kindly move away from this place with the lord's family."

'It knows my name?'

Just like everybody else, Jasmine was surprised to hear the dragon call out for her. Another surprise came soon, as the shadow close to her rose just like Reynold's. This time the creature of lesser size came out.

'This...It's Hawky!'

Jasmine could instantly recognize the creature next to her, and it was hard to even forget it. Their first encounter was years ago, but those eyes were the same. The colors didn't affect it at all.

"Don't just stand there..."

"Ah, yes."

The Vritra didn't even bother with Jasmine; he just let her off. The short woman jumped on the Hawky, who quickly made a run down and picked up the rest of the Twin-Horns. It even used its feather to safely pick up Adam and even altered its size considerably.

"Now, we may begin..." The dragon stated.

The whole forest felt the ground shake as those who had sworn allegiance to the shadow monarch rose to fulfill the command. The thousands of purple eyes, all of them burning with fierce passion. They were finally called in to help their liege. The dragon, in particular, who raised its head to its full height, looked overly intimidating.

Windsom, previously known as the Asura, this time was a full-fledged dragon, currently one of the strongest in the shadow army, capable of erasing his opponents in one breath. With the permission given to him, he can order the rest of the soldiers to fulfill certain duties.

"The lord's desires are ours as well, and we shall fulfill them." The electric crackles escaped from Windsom's mouth as the ball of energy began quickly forming in it. The Vritra beneath him shot up into the sky in an attempt to avoid the blast.

He began flying away from the dragon as far as he could, his movements like a zig-zag. To his surprise, Windsom didn't even need to fire an energy blast; he was just bashed by the draconic tail.