Chapter 59 | A Little Announcement

(It's not hiatus, just some cool info.)

Trodius Flamesworth was one hell of a noble.

He was the kind of person who could sell his own daughter in favor of his nobility and lineage. The nobleman would rather sacrifice his children's lives for the sake of his status.

Although he had decent capabilities as a leader on the battlefield, even then, there were plenty of people who outclassed him. Either way, the worst side of him shadows his pluses.

And this man right now was the leader of a rearguard group where the party of Twin-Horns was assigned. Her daughter, Jasmine Flamesworth, an unfavored child of Trodius, was one of the members of that party.

'This man...' Jasmine gritted her teeth and clenched her fists in anger.

"Hey, calm down." Adam protectively put his hand on Jasmine's shoulder. While the giant shielded her from the man's view,

"Jasmine, we are here. I know you hate him, but it's not the best time for it." As much as Reynolds would like to help his friend, he won't be able to. At least not right now...

Jasmine was overcome with rage, as if there was no way to make her feel better.

Reynolds sighed, "Hey, listen... I know this sounds crazy coming from me, but I can help you. Just wait a little longer." He then patted a short woman.

"Huh?" Everyone stared at Reynolds, baffled to hear it coming from such a reckless man.

In response, he scratched the back of his head and answered uncertainly. "You see...a certain someone kinda owes me a favor and that man can certainly do something."

Alice narrowed her eyes in suspicion, "Who could owe you something?"

"Well, not exactly owes me..." The king of Sapin, however, adores his family a lot. He literally told him to ask for anything if needed, so this might be a great time.

"What is it?"

"Just believe and wait."

"You are asking for the impossible."

"Oh, come on..."

Trusting Reynolds is something not even an idiot would accept. He was known to get into bad situations just like Arthur. His unluckiness knew no bounds; maybe after Arthur, he would be the first. (This is if we exclude certain monarchs.)

"Without the proper explanation, someone just won't wait. So, just do it, Reynolds."

Reynolds sighed, and after nodding, he began explaining. Simply put, he could send a letter to the council with a request to appoint a different person as the commander of his groups. This was the best option as the council holds absolute authority over the troops; even the Lances can't argue with them if the council itself won't reconsider.

The decision was surprisingly approved by everyone. This was the safest way and, partly because of Jasmine, all of them agreed to this. The short woman managed to calm down, but before they send a letter, they should wait and try to avoid the commander's sight.

"Jasmine, you got it, right?"

"Alright..."

Jasmine was driven by emotions and had to be controlled by others. Knowing how much she hates her father, they had to constantly monitor her. They even created a special schedule so that there would be at least one person close to her all the time.

_________________________________________________________________________

The first task for their group arrived with a special letter the day after their assignment. While the major groups are on break, the rearguard will continue to perform their duty. It was patrolling the Etistin woodland today.