Chapter 58

Sometimes people's worst thoughts can become true.

This is why we are all taught to be prepared for the worst in case it does happen. Some people succeed and minimize their material and mental losses. Although, there are exceptions.

Eleanor Leywin was just a 9-year-old girl, who, with all her heart, tried her best to prepare herself for upcoming times. In fact, she did really impressively at the beginning, but after her parents decided to participate in a war...

Everything changed, the situation was turned upside down for her.

She herself escorted Twin-Horns to the exit of a hideout, including others who decided to make a contribution to this war. Subsequently, along with the former DC members, Ellie found herself under the tutelage of Kaspian Bladeheart.

Being close to at least a few familiar faces gave the young girl a little psychological support. Then...

Even though those people left the hideout to further contribute to the war, now Ellie was left with a little friend, Beru, and her dog, Dobby. The little academy of young mages in the hideout was set up for the nobles, but Ellie was allowed to learn there.

During these times, she stayed with Heslteas, who took care of her like their own child. As expected, Ellie still couldn't get over the fact that her parents were away from her, even her brothers.

"Please be okay!" she said, clutching her palms together and closing her eyes. She pleaded loudly.

Meanwhile, very far away from the hideout, the party of Twin-Horns exited through the teleportation gate in Etistin. They have arrived together with the soldiers assigned to them, along with other adventurers.

The environment was bustling. The military took over this city after General Varay's forces made contact with the enemy fleet. So the council gave the command to reinforce the city as this was the largest capital in the whole of Dicathen.

Along with the capital of Elenoir, this place in Sapin was the foothold of the Dicathen. They had optimal locations and were connected to different places with the teleportation gates. So the council could quickly transfer one division to a different city.

"All the remaining military personnel and adventurers, make your way to the city square." The announcement made it to everyone's ears.

"Okay guys, let's get done with this." Reynold said as he followed behind a nearby carriage carrying Dicathenian forces from abroad. The group went after him, behind the rolling carriage.

The city itself was alright, though. There was no evidence of battle even happening close by. Every few meters you would see another military man, and the further away they got from the teleportation gate, the larger the concentration they saw. This raised Reynolds's morale. He wasn't really strong before... only because of Ashborn's gift, he had achieved new strength. The beast will, which alters human physiology a little. Besides, he had a family. Dying on the battlefield sure is honorable for a warrior, but the thought of leaving his closest behind isn't sweet.

Surely, the others had similar thoughts as Reynolds. In particular, Alice, who felt very sad leaving her daughter, though, was the one to bring this fate on herself. She decided to follow the Twin-Horns, along with Reynolds, to contribute to the wars.

"March forward!"

"Thrust the spear properly!"

Shouts from all around the road grabbed the group's attention. It was a group of people lined up shoulder to shoulder with some distance between them. They were thrusting large spears into nothing, with heavy breaths as the sweat rolled down their faces.

"What's up with them?" Reynolds approached the back of the carriage and asked one of the soldiers.

"Uh, this. Most likely, they are getting ready in case the city gets captured. Who knows, they might apply great resistance to the enemy forces." Replied the soldier.