Chapter 77

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
________________________________________________________________________________

The battle became even. Yes, Quaresha was one of the weakest among the monarchs, but it is to be kept in mind. Even one monarch is capable of destroying planets. Her fellows didn't appreciate it though.

To be kept up by a mere shadow soldier. This was embarrassing for the woman. Her emotions were playing tricks on her. While the ant managed to tame his own, he also used the Monarch's to his advantage.

*Slick*

The Plague Monarch was struck by yet another purple spike. Her rage issues were too obvious to avoid using them as a weapon. She charged with rage, blurring her mind. Beru just HAD to use this moment and his new ability.

'This woman is stupid.' But Beru couldn't say the same about others. Well, maybe except for the Beast Monarch... Even then, he at least had strength.

In particular, the Demon Guy seemed a lot stronger than others. Garan, or whatever he was called, still hasn't done the same as Plague and Beast Monarchs. He was fighting against the newbies, Aldir and Agrona.

They were a new addition to the army, but Beru had to admit it. They were insanely strong, even stronger than him. He couldn't imagine beating any of them since their techniques were so diverse...

But they had been fighting against Baran for too long, and he hadn't manifested his soul. Is he the second strongest of the bunch?

'Damn it.' The ant king cursed in his mind.

At this rate, they won't be able to defeat monarchs. There are also those brain-washed Asuras messing with them. Their own former Asuran legion was having a tough time managing them.

There was also a constant bother in the ant's mind. How was their liege doing? From these terrifying roars and thunders, he could understand there was a large battle. But was he winning against the dragon monarch?

Other soldiers had the same question.

'It's useless to think about it now.' Thought Beru after intercepting the woman's mana hand with a purple spike.

The connection between them was strong. There was no doubt in Beru that their liege could come up victorious. This victory, however, depended on them as well. They should stop those monarchs as much as they can.

'Marshal Beru is putting up a good fight.'

While Beru was fighting with the Plague Monarch. Aldir and Agrona were having an internal conversation with each other.

'Yes, but we are falling behind. We still couldn't figure out this guy.'

'That's indeed a problem.'

These two were attempting to deduce the monarch's abilities, the full extent of power, endurance, and, most importantly, their fighting style. Before arriving here, they had no idea about their enemies. Thus, they have to figure it out during the battle.

'Have you tried using the Soul Fire?'

'It was completely useless.'

Then they had to find a different way to hurt the Monarch of White Flames. Aldir mentally told Agrona something else and disappeared. Baran's eyes still followed the Asura, but Aldir's speed was not enough to confuse the eon old being.

It was a scary sight how the Monarch's eyes were deadlocked onto him.

*Burst*

Aldir further increased his speed and created the sword in his hand. In the blink of an eye, he was already next to Baran, his sword's tip touching the monarch's neck.