Chapter 3

(Ashborn POV)

After my father learned about the awakening of my twin brother. He began to train him and with that, it also implied that I had to join him.

Father and mother didn't know about my core yet. Since I haven't uncovered it yet, I'll tell them later in any case.

Arthur, meanwhile, was looking at me with jealousy? Maybe the reason for this was that he was receiving tougher workouts than I.

For now, I was only trying to find a faster way of increasing my mana reserves. I know a lot of ways... however, I have a human body.

It won't be able to keep up with the sudden increase in mana. I'm still 3 years old and still growing. Later, under the influence of my mana, my body will also start changing drastically. This is one of the effects of being influenced by my mana.

If I was my former self. I would be able to modify my body however I want. Alas, I can't do it right now... Well, in the long run, eventually I will grow up.

Arthur also seemed to be proficient in swordsmanship. I noticed how he fought against father. And there I would say that his swordsmanship is certainly impressive, even for monarchs and rulers. In consideration of how I never even tried to hone my sword skills, but only gathered experience from battles, yes I can still be deemed as the sword expert. Yet, Arthur has the moves of someone who lived solely for the sword.

Monarchs never really cared about techniques. We didn't actually require them, after all, we had something superior. Pure strength. Even physical capabilities were way higher than any being in the world.

Arthur also is trying to get knowledge about magic as much as he can. Requesting our mother for new books. Mother luckily for Arthur had some connections in the guild and she managed to collect some books.

Arthur doesn't even realize that for a child who is only 3-years-old, it's really strange to read such books. It had some illustrations, but Arthur was reading the text itself and this was always noticed by our mother, who looked strangely at Arthur.

And a year passed like that, and I haven't done anything in terms of development. I'm just expecting my body to grow.

"Honey, I think it's time we get Art a proper mentor." Said father while we were dining, and of course, our mother denied his idea.

"What? Reynolds! Arthur isn't even four yet! No! Besides, you said if our son was an augmenter, you'd be able to teach him!" Mother spoke with evident desperation.

'Duh, I'm glad I didn't show them anything. ' I commented in my mind and continued my meal.

"I, also, never expected our son to be this much of a prodigy in mana manipulation. Who has ever heard of awakening at the age of three?" Father responded a lot more calmly.

'Is it something that special? I pity you, Arthur. ' I questioned myself.

"But that means he'll have to leave home! He's only four, Reynolds! We can't have our baby leave home at such an early age!"

"You don't get it. When I observed his body while he meditated, I couldn't help but feel that all of this was natural to him. Alice honey, I'm holding my son back by trying to teach him something he can do in his sleep."

Thus began our parents' quarrel.

I looked at Arthur and he was also trying to peacefully eat. I looked at his eyes and he looked at me.

'Just say something already.' I tried to tell him telepathically.

'What can I say huh?' He responded, making a confused expressions or this was what I thought he meant in that.