Chapter 7

(Ashborn POV)

Presently, I'm having dinner with my father and my mother. It's already quite some time since that occurrence took place. 2 months since then. My mother's belly has grown a considerable size in that time frame.

The meal that we were having right now was my... no, our most favorite one.

It was the first time my mother decided to cook for us since we came to Xyrus. I was enjoying beef stew until once again someone decided and 'tried' to invade my mind.

'Is it that mysterious voice that sprung up before? ' I wondered.

This time it also tried to invade my parents. Obviously, I wasn't letting it happen. So instead I counterattacked on my own.

I focussed on the foreign mana signature and I saw some woman's face, clearly an elf.

'Who are you, woman? ' I asked the woman. She flinched and with wide eyes stared at nothingness.

I ascertained this woman, till I saw someone next to her. That, someone, was Arthur.

'Oh is that Arthur? Let me talk to him. ' I was polite enough to ask an old lady for permission, speaking through someone's body is indeed crude.

(Arthur POV)

"Enough about that, though. Arthur, you're here to see your family so that's what I'll help you do. Close your eyes for a moment and picture your family members. Focus on their appearance and their mana signature. I'll take care of the rest. " The elf-woman Rinia told me and I did what she told me.

I closed my eyes and imagined the last scene I had of them both together: my father badly wounded and my mother healing him and Ash trying to cover us.

After some time I heard some movement from Rinia. I didn't open my eyes because she didn't tell me to.

"How in the world... " Muttered Rinia and something snapped in my mind. I heard a familiar voice.

'Arthur, how are you?' I recognized this voice, it was 100% Ash's.

"Ash is that you? " I asked, I knew that was him but I had to clarify.

'Yeah, that's me. Some elf-woman just tried to invade my mind. I kicked her out of the course and told her to not do such things next time. And then I saw you next to her. ' He told me, but for some reason, I think he was too calm in a situation like this.

"Ash I wanted to see you guys and that woman just helped me."

'Is that so? I hate when someone invades my mind so get out, even you. I'll let you talk to mother and father. ' He briefed me that he hates when someone invades his mind as if it happened before... maybe- Bad memories out!

"Elder Rinia, can you try it again? Ash said that he will let us see parents this time. "

Rhino for some reason, reluctantly nodded a few times as sweat poured down her face.

(Ashborn POV)

'I located where Arthur is now... Just wait Arthur, I am coming for you. '

I continued eating my precious stewed meat when I heard that something fell on the floor. That was my father's spoon.

I stared at them and soon they started tearing up.

'I knew that they were going to tear up but... why should you drop such a precious meal.'

"You just heard the voice now too, right Rey?" she blurted, her voice edged with desperation.

"Please, tell me it wasn't just me that heard his voice."