Chapter 23

(3'rd POV) 

Ashborn Leywin with his family and Helsteas were waiting for guests' arrival. That guest was the Directress of Xyrus Academy, Cynthia Goodsky. 

For people who didn't live under the rock for the past century, Cynthia would be a valuable guest, But that doesn't apply to Ashborn who thinks that Cynthia is just an old hag who wants him as a student. 

"Uncle Vincent, when is she going to arrive?" Ashborn asked, he didn't know Cynthia's mana signature and he could sense a lot outside of Helstea manor.

"She should arrive in few minutes." Vincent answered nervously. To Vincent, Ashborn is still S-Class Adventurer and he quite fears him. 

"She is the directress of the prestigious magic academy and arrives late. I won't go there just like a brother." Ellie said and Ashborn nodded at her. Ashborn could teach his sister way more than anyone in the whole universe, also making the process of learning fast, effective and fun. 

'Big mana signature but it's a magical creature not human.' Ashborn sensed some animal's mana that was stronger than most he encountered outside of dungeons.

Soon mana's signature came closer. Some woman's mana signature was also with it, the mana of women was low compared to a creature. 

*Knock* *Knock* 

Knocks were heard on the doors of Helstea Manor. As soon as Vincent heard knocks he runs towards the door and opened them himself. He came back few seconds, an old woman with some creature on her shoulder followed him. 

"Guys once again, please meet with Cynthia Goodsky, Directress of Xyrus Academy." Vincent introduced the woman, but this was only done for Ashborn. 

"It's pleasure to meet you again, Directress Goodsky." 

"Pleasure is mine. I came here to visit another potential student of my academy." Little did she know that there was no potential at all. 

"Ashborn Leywin, I presume." Goodsky turned to Auburn-haired boy.

"And you might be Cynthia Goodsky." Ashborn said nonchalantly. 

"Don't be rude to directress, Ash." Alice whispered in Ashborn's ear. 

"I can't sense your core, this means that you aren't awakened or you have a higher core stage than me." Cynthia narrowed her eyes at Ashborn. 

'Is he white-core mage?!' Cynthia internally screamed in her mind. 

"Are you a mage, Ashborn? If yes, then why can't I sense any mana?" The woman asked again. 

"You are just weak. why she asks..." Ashborn said and shocked Cynthia who now understood that person in front of her was a powerful one and probably had White mana-core. (Oh how wrong she was)

"Not many know this, but... Ashborn is actually an S-Class adventurer whose identity isn't revealed. I know it might sound unbelievable." Reynolds who couldn't keep his mouth shut said. 

"Oh, my..." Cynthia got even more shocked at the revelation. 

"Directress Goodsky, I'm sorry, but Ashborn actually didn't want to attend Xyrus academy. I'm sorry to bring you here for nothing..." Vincent apologized and bowed. 

"I-Its a-alright." (Of course, it's already an old hag, don't dare and do something in front of Ashborn.)

"I don't want people to know who exactly is S-Class adventurer, so I would like if you keep quiet about it." Ashborn who hasn't participated much in discussions said.