Chapter 83

I'm posting some chapters ahead of time on my discord server: https://discord.gg/r2VSvS5kaH
________________________________________________________________________________

Tank and Hawky were the two of three first-ever shadow soldiers that Ashborn got in this world. They were his oldest companions and also great assets in his army. Their strength was no joke, and even now, they were a great help to the army of shadows despite having stronger soldiers.

But something happened, and the connection between them and their lord was lost.

This was a devastating blow for them, as those who followed their lord from the beginning. They lost their strength and power so quickly that they weren't able to at least bid farewell.

*Thud*

Hawky painfully landed on the ground, and the moment he tried to stand up, his legs gave out. His mind was a mess, as he couldn't make sense of what was happening around him.

*Flap*

The purple weightless wings flapped for the first time in a long time. It didn't help the shadow, instead, it made him the center of attention. The violent flaps didn't go unnoticed by the ice-soldiers who were created by the Frost Monarch. Nearby, frost soldiers turned to the birdy creature,

*Pierce*

Someone threw an ice spear at the wings. It hit right on the spot and froze the wings to the ground. Now Hawky was completely immobilized, with no strength to even call for help.

His eyes darted to the place where the Frost Monarch was fighting with Windsom. The blurry vision could pick up the two silhouettes. One of them was on the knees, though. Standing was obviously the Frost Monarch.

[Pathetic shadows, finally you bugs have fallen.]

"You couldn't kill those bugs yourself for hours, who are you to say that?" Windsom in his humanoid form, cracked a grin and ridiculed Frost Monarch.

The frost monarch said nothing, he couldn't retort those words. He'll most likely get more humiliated if he tries to find some excuse.

From the ground, he brought up the ice. It rose quickly and covered half of the shadow's body.

"What? You finally realized how pathetic YOU are?" Windsom continued to press the subject, angering the monarch.

"I'm nothing but a mere servant, always was, and you can't defeat me. You come here and entitle yourself the same way my lord does. Isn't this ridiculous? There's no comparison between you and my lord. You are nothing, but a pathetic bug."

The frost monarch gritted his teeth as he accelerated his magic. The ice already covered most of Windsom's body up to his neck.

"This is not the end. Mark my words, we have dealt serious damage to you. The only thing left is for the wind to sweep you out of existanc-"

Before Windsom could finish, his mouth was reached by ice, and he couldn't speak anymore. He was completely out.

[Speak all you want, results will be the same. Bastard...]

With a cold voice, the Frost Monarch looked down on the frozen shadow soldier. For all the frustration he got from this particular soldier, he decided that it would be appropriate to get rid of him first.

[A mere shadow dared to talk to me like that. Know your place.]

The ice-scythe appeared in his hand as he brought it down on the frozen dragon.

*Crack*

It connected to the dome of ice and split it into many broken parts. Broken pieces landed on the ground.