Chapter 34

The Ballroom inside Helstea manor was lavishly decorated. Eye-catching golden balloons hanging on almost invisible strings. Some people would think they were floating, but in reality, they weren't.

While they asked me to bring some 'balloons' I decided to create them myself.

'They look good, wasn't that what they wanted?' I asked myself.

Other decorations weren't my doing. Overall everything looked fine, mother and father liked it.

Then there were tables with light snacks and drinks. While I was really interested in why there were so many people coming to Ellie's birthday party, our parents welcomed them with open hands.

"Ash honey, aren't you going to change into something more formal?" The voice of my mother interrupted my thoughts.

I was wearing my usual clothes, I clearly wasn't a person who cared about formalities. So why would I wear something uncomfortable for me...

"Why?" I asked straight.

"Many people are coming, even some nobles. It's only appropriate to wear formally. Don't tell me you haven't prepared..." My mother's face quickly turned into a frightened one in the end.

"No...?"

"Change quickly then!" She pushed me in the direction of my room. I didn't want to make my mother worry about anything more so I decided to get that formal costume.

I had zero ideas what I should wear, so I looked around and saw what others were wearing. I observed every little detail, to create them later on in my costume. Arthur was dressed in black formal clothes, without much decoration. Easy to copy and looks formal, the best option for me.

I walk upstairs, enter my room and directly reform my current clothes into the same Arthur was wearing.

'That looks... just like Arthur.' I nodded at myself in the mirror and left my room.

"Heh..." When I walked down the stairs, I heard Arthur-like laughter, so I turned to Arthur.

I met Arthur's eyes, but he is the next second turned and welcomed new guests with a warm smile. He was definitely holding his laughter, I'll show you later today Arthur...

It should be soon when Ellie will finally know about this party. It was decided that we will throw a party secretly from her. Without my intervention, they did a great job setting up all of this.

Even Gideon was attending the party... What is he doing here? Did Vincent invite him? He didn't seem like a person who liked crowds, so maybe he had different reasons?

My different ideas were stopped when Gideon approached Arthur. So he was here for other inventions?

'He isn't coming to me, huh?' Maybe he couldn't crack my idea behind the rune and gave up on it?

Then there was Elijah, who was striking conversations with a lot of girls. They somehow managed to always leave him with polite excuses, making Elijah sad.

'He is strong-willed.' Despite a lot of attempts, all of them being failures. He still continued talking to other girls.

'Dude, they are just not into you.'

"Everyone, please get ready! Lady Alice and Eleanor are both on their way here!" Maid announced and signaled people to turn off the lights.

"...Mama, I thought we were going to go out for dinner? Where are we..."

"SURPRISE" Indeed surprise, a synchronized chorus of voices startled Ellie before her expression turned into joyful.

Her eyes were wide and her cheeks were burning red. That does put a smile on my face, not everyone might notice, but actually, the ends of my lips twitched upward.